    although several others are. I have the box Allow Sites to Set Cookies
    checked, + Until They Expire with no exceptions listed.

    Any ideas why I can't save this one password? TIA!

    ~ narnia ~, Jan 1, 2006

  2. ~ narnia ~

    Ed Mullen Guest

    ~ narnia ~ wrote:
    > I'm using Firefox 1.5.
    >
    > When I log on to MyYahoo, I check the box that says I want my password
    > saved. However each time I go open MyYahoo, I have to re-enter the
    > password.
    >
    > In Tools/Options/Saved Passwords, the MyYahoo password isn't listed
    > although several others are. I have the box Allow Sites to Set Cookies
    > checked, + Until They Expire with no exceptions listed.
    >
    > Any ideas why I can't save this one password? TIA!

    The option on the Yahoo site remembers your password using a cookie; you
    won't necessarily also have a saved password in the Firefox password
    manager. And, in fact, if the cookie successfully saved the password
    manager listing isn't needed.

    You might try deleting any cookies that exist for Yahoo and then go to
    MyYahoo again to set a new cookie.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 1, 2006

  3. ~ narnia ~

    ~ narnia ~ Guest

    On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:13:14 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >~ narnia ~ wrote:
    >> I'm using Firefox 1.5.
    >>
    >> When I log on to MyYahoo, I check the box that says I want my password
    >> saved. However each time I go open MyYahoo, I have to re-enter the
    >> password.
    >>
    >> In Tools/Options/Saved Passwords, the MyYahoo password isn't listed
    >> although several others are. I have the box Allow Sites to Set Cookies
    >> checked, + Until They Expire with no exceptions listed.
    >>
    >> Any ideas why I can't save this one password? TIA!

    >The option on the Yahoo site remembers your password using a cookie; you
    >won't necessarily also have a saved password in the Firefox password
    >manager. And, in fact, if the cookie successfully saved the password
    >manager listing isn't needed.
    >
    >You might try deleting any cookies that exist for Yahoo and then go to
    >MyYahoo again to set a new cookie.

    Thanks, but I did try that and it didn't work. This is very strange, I
    started having this problem when I installed v1.5, and it only happens
    with MyYahoo.

    ~ narnia ~, Jan 1, 2006
  4. ~ narnia ~ wrote:
    > On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:13:14 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >
    >> ~ narnia ~ wrote:
    >>> I'm using Firefox 1.5.
    >>>
    >>> When I log on to MyYahoo, I check the box that says I want my password
    >>> saved. However each time I go open MyYahoo, I have to re-enter the
    >>> password.
    >>>
    >>> In Tools/Options/Saved Passwords, the MyYahoo password isn't listed
    >>> although several others are. I have the box Allow Sites to Set Cookies
    >>> checked, + Until They Expire with no exceptions listed.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas why I can't save this one password? TIA!

    >> The option on the Yahoo site remembers your password using a cookie; you
    >> won't necessarily also have a saved password in the Firefox password
    >> manager. And, in fact, if the cookie successfully saved the password
    >> manager listing isn't needed.
    >>
    >> You might try deleting any cookies that exist for Yahoo and then go to
    >> MyYahoo again to set a new cookie.

    > Thanks, but I did try that and it didn't work. This is very strange, I
    > started having this problem when I installed v1.5, and it only happens
    > with MyYahoo.

    Yahoo defeats the saving of passwords, for security reasons. What is so
    important is beyond me, bit ask that of Yahoo. There are bookmarklets
    that will get by this for you.

    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 1, 2006
  5. If you use the 'Web Developer' toolbar extension in Firefox, there is a
    menu in the toolbar called 'Forms', in which there is a link to make
    the passwords of yahoo saveable in password manager.

    Logout of yahoo, go to mail.yahoo.com, click this link, then sign-in as
    usual - this time, you'll get the prompt from password manager to save
    the login or not.

    HackerOfMinds, Jan 1, 2006
  6. ~ narnia ~

    gwtc Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > ~ narnia ~ wrote:

    >>>The option on the Yahoo site remembers your password using a cookie; you
    >>>won't necessarily also have a saved password in the Firefox password
    >>>manager. And, in fact, if the cookie successfully saved the password
    >>>manager listing isn't needed.
    >>>
    >>>You might try deleting any cookies that exist for Yahoo and then go to
    >>>MyYahoo again to set a new cookie.

    >>Thanks, but I did try that and it didn't work. This is very strange, I
    >>started having this problem when I installed v1.5, and it only happens
    >>with MyYahoo.
    >>

    > Yahoo defeats the saving of passwords, for security reasons. What is so
    > important is beyond me, bit ask that of Yahoo. There are bookmarklets
    > that will get by this for you.
    >
    > http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/
    >
    > Lee

    You're partially right Lee. There are two logon methods for Yahoo.
    There is the Secured Method and the Standard Method. The Secured
    Method will not let you save while the other will. Or, maybe its the
    other way around. Oh well, I can't quite remember. But, you can get
    around the password problem with the Remember Password bookmarklet.

    To the OP: You'll find the bookmarklet here:
    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password

    You drag the bookmarklet to your Personal Toolbar. That's where your
    other bookmarks are kept. Go to the Yahoo logon page, click the
    bookmarklet, click OK on the Popup message, enter your user name and
    password and log on. Now you should get the FF remember password popup.

    gwtc, Jan 1, 2006
  7. ~ narnia ~

    ~ narnia ~ Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 00:51:54 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> ~ narnia ~ wrote:

    >>>Thanks, but I did try that and it didn't work. This is very strange, I
    >>>started having this problem when I installed v1.5, and it only happens
    >>>with MyYahoo.
    >>>

    >> Yahoo defeats the saving of passwords, for security reasons. What is so
    >> important is beyond me, bit ask that of Yahoo. There are bookmarklets
    >> that will get by this for you.
    >>
    >> http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/
    >>
    >> Lee

    >You're partially right Lee. There are two logon methods for Yahoo.
    >There is the Secured Method and the Standard Method. The Secured
    >Method will not let you save while the other will. Or, maybe its the
    >other way around. Oh well, I can't quite remember. But, you can get
    >around the password problem with the Remember Password bookmarklet.
    >
    >To the OP: You'll find the bookmarklet here:
    >http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password
    >
    >You drag the bookmarklet to your Personal Toolbar. That's where your
    >other bookmarks are kept. Go to the Yahoo logon page, click the
    >bookmarklet, click OK on the Popup message, enter your user name and
    >password and log on. Now you should get the FF remember password popup.

    Thanks everyone - the bookmarklet did it.

    ~ narnia ~, Jan 1, 2006
  8. HackerOfMinds wrote:
    > If you use the 'Web Developer' toolbar extension in Firefox, there is a
    > menu in the toolbar called 'Forms', in which there is a link to make
    > the passwords of yahoo saveable in password manager.
    >
    > Logout of yahoo, go to mail.yahoo.com, click this link, then sign-in as
    > usual - this time, you'll get the prompt from password manager to save
    > the login or not.

    There is? What is this option?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 1, 2006
  9. In Web Developer Toolbar, go to Forms -> Enable Auto Completion. The
    current page's (say, mail.yahoo.com) 'username' and 'password' fields
    will be enabled for autocompletion. This doesn't work with hotmail,
    though.

    HackerOfMinds, Jan 2, 2006