    any traffic over the VPN. I have an IP address and the routing table looks
    good. Am I missing something? Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    John Balch, Sep 20, 2004

  2. John Balch

    PES Guest

    "John Balch" <> wrote in message
    news:Eeq3d.88588$...
    > Client has a Cisco PIX 506e set up as an EasyVPN server. I have installed
    > the Cisco VPN Client 4.1 on my system at home and am trying to connect. I
    > can connect and authenticate (using group ID and password) but I can't
    > route any traffic over the VPN. I have an IP address and the routing
    > table looks good. Am I missing something? Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Do others connect successfully? If not, does the pix have the line sysopt
    permit connect-ipsec? Also, do you have a public address or a nat'd
    address? If nat'd, is the pix a current version set up to do udp
    encapsulation?
    PES, Sep 20, 2004

  3. John Balch

    Ozkan Aziz Guest

    I have had the same problem connecting a windows client over pptp to a
    pix 501. I found that the ip address given to the client was missing a
    default gateway address. there was an option on the client to force
    the default gateway to be the pix device but the default gateway was
    always set to be the starting address of the pool.

    I have been unsuccessfull in finding any way around this. you may want
    to check to see if your client has the same problem.

    Ozkan Aziz, Sep 20, 2004
  4. John Balch

    John Balch Guest

    No, I was a dummy... I forgot to allow access from my VPN address pool to
    the internal LAN. Once I did that, it worked. Thanks for your suggestions,
    though.

    John Balch, Sep 24, 2004