    rip the first one. It seems like the last VOB file is the one causing
    the trouble.

    Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

    PowerPost2000, Feb 2, 2006

  2. PowerPost2000

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    PowerPost2000 wrote:
    > I was hoping to record a DVD+RW then stick it in the computer and rip
    > it like an ordinary DVD. I get a runtime error using Eazy VCD. If I
    > try to copy the VOBs to my HD, I get a cyclic redundancy error on the
    > last one. If I use DVD2AVI and then TMPGEnc, the d2v files are
    > usually unrecognized or unsupported.
    >
    > I'm using a CyberHome DVD recorder with DVD+RW disks, and I'm making
    > it compatible when I finish recording.
    >
    > The only time it seems to work is if I record a few shows, then only
    > rip the first one. It seems like the last VOB file is the one causing
    > the trouble.
    >
    > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

    I use NeroVision Express, works fine.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 2, 2006

  3. PowerPost2000

    fred-bloggs Guest

    PowerPost2000 <> wrote in

    > I was hoping to record a DVD+RW then stick it in the computer and rip
    > it like an ordinary DVD. I get a runtime error using Eazy VCD. If I
    > try to copy the VOBs to my HD, I get a cyclic redundancy error on the
    > last one. If I use DVD2AVI and then TMPGEnc, the d2v files are
    > usually unrecognized or unsupported.
    >
    > I'm using a CyberHome DVD recorder with DVD+RW disks, and I'm making
    > it compatible when I finish recording.
    >
    > The only time it seems to work is if I record a few shows, then only
    > rip the first one. It seems like the last VOB file is the one causing
    > the trouble.
    >
    > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

    Your should be able to copy the VOBs to your hard disk.

    Are you recording beyond the end of the DVD?
    Are you finalising the DVD?
    Try a different brand of DVD media.
    Try a DVD+R.
    Try asking in alt.video.dvd

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Feb 2, 2006
  4. PowerPost2000

    p-nut Guest

    PowerPost2000 wrote:
    > I was hoping to record a DVD+RW then stick it in the computer and rip
    > it like an ordinary DVD. I get a runtime error using Eazy VCD. If I
    > try to copy the VOBs to my HD, I get a cyclic redundancy error on the
    > last one. If I use DVD2AVI and then TMPGEnc, the d2v files are
    > usually unrecognized or unsupported.
    >
    > I'm using a CyberHome DVD recorder with DVD+RW disks, and I'm making
    > it compatible when I finish recording.
    >
    > The only time it seems to work is if I record a few shows, then only
    > rip the first one. It seems like the last VOB file is the one causing
    > the trouble.
    >
    > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

    You only rip a dvd once to remove the protection.
    Once you burned that copy all you have to do is explore to the dvd drive and
    copy the VIDEO_TS folder to your harddrive and burn as many copies as you
    want. A lot of stand alone burners still look for an empty AUDIO_TS folder
    in root as well so just create one manually and leave it empty then burn the
    two folders into the root of a new dvdr disk as data.

    p-nut, Feb 2, 2006
  5. PowerPost2000

    Duane Arnold Guest

    p-nut <i_don'> wrote in message
    <hanEf.160268$>...

    > You only rip a dvd once to remove the protection.

    I don't think it matters any more.

    > Once you burned that copy all you have to do is explore to the dvd
    > drive and copy the VIDEO_TS folder to your harddrive and burn as many
    > copies as you want.

    Who in their right mind would want to do that, p-nut?

    > A lot of stand alone burners still look for an empty AUDIO_TS folder
    > in root as well so just create one manually and leave it empty then
    > burn the two folders into the root of a new dvdr disk as data.

    It's a mirage.

    --
    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 2, 2006
  6. PowerPost2000

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    Duane Arnold <>, pattered in
    <9atv$1ink.nut>:

    > I don't think it matters any more.

    Correct. You don't think therefore you are not.

    > Who in their right mind would want to do that, p-nut?

    Who in their right mind would want to do that, Arnold?

    > It's a mirage.

    It staggers the imagination, doesn't it?

    Fred Tehbot, Feb 2, 2006
  7. PowerPost2000

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    > p-nut <i_don'> wrote in message
    > <hanEf.160268$>...
    >

    >>You only rip a dvd once to remove the protection.

    > I don't think it matters any more.
    >

    >>Once you burned that copy all you have to do is explore to the dvd
    >>drive and copy the VIDEO_TS folder to your harddrive and burn as many
    >>copies as you want.

    > Who in their right mind would want to do that, p-nut?
    >

    >>A lot of stand alone burners still look for an empty AUDIO_TS folder
    >>in root as well so just create one manually and leave it empty then
    >>burn the two folders into the root of a new dvdr disk as data.

    > It's a mirage.

    Be yourself Hen if that's possible but I know that's not possible for a
    loco Hen, that the only way a Hen should fly. You know a *loco* Hen's
    flight to the 4*4 padded coupe where you belong.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 4, 2006
  8. PowerPost2000

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Fred Tehbot" <> wrote in message
    > Duane Arnold <>, pattered in
    > <9atv$1ink.nut>:
    >
    >> I don't think it matters any more.

    > Correct. You don't think therefore you are not.
    >
    >> Who in their right mind would want to do that, p-nut?

    > Who in their right mind would want to do that, Arnold?
    >
    >> It's a mirage.

    > It staggers the imagination, doesn't it?

    K-Mammy, you're a pathetic Hen - the Hen's loco Hen.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 4, 2006