    corresponds to a media reader slot, but none of them, nor the computer, show
    up.

    How can I unhide the computer?

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ2hlc2xlcg==?=, Apr 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ2hlc2xlcg==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Re: Can't reveal (unhide) computer or its shares on home workgroup

    Thank you. Following the suggestions at
    > http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    I went to Safe Mode and allowed all access in the Security tab that
    appeared. Now the computer shows up in the Folders pane of the old computer
    in the workgroup under Network Neighborhood\Entire Network\X (where X is the
    name of the workgroup) but in the details pane of that same Windows explorer
    I see only the old computer and the other Win XP, but not the problematic
    computer.

    Firewall was already shut off.

    I can still access the problematic computer by typing its UNC (\\Fish) in
    the Explorer address and I see it all, and now also by double-clicking its
    name on the left Folders pane, but when I go Up I'm in the Workgroup and I
    can't see it.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ2hlc2xlcg==?=, Apr 9, 2006