    Hope to hear from someone soon!
    And thanks an awful lot,
    Billy

    Billy Goodson, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Billy  Goodson

    °Mike° Guest

    What have you done via TweakUI?

    You say you 'installed' "ReStart/ShutDown Buttons". Is
    this third party software you are talking about?

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:10:51 GMT, in
    <vvozc.9945$>
    Billy Goodson scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Billy  Goodson

    Phil® Guest

    What operating system?

    Consider using: scanreg /restore
    http://www.windows-help.net/windows98/start-145.shtml

    Start Windows in MS-DOS mode (press the Ctrl key as soon as your PC starts.
    This will get you the Bootup menu.
    Once the menu is up, choose Command prompt only)
    Type Scanreg /restore at the prompt press [ENTER]
    You will get a screen where you can select which registry backup to use
    Choose the last known [STARTED} and choose Restore
    When ready you'll be prompted to Restart your computer.

    Phil®, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Billy  Goodson

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:10:51 GMT, "Billy Goodson"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi folks -
    > I've installed TweakUI for the benefits it gives me for the look of my
    >DeskTop Screen. I also tried installing ReStart and ShutDown Buttons on my
    >DeskTop but could only get the ShutDown button - which I've now deleted from
    >my machine. I don't know if either of those actions have anything to do with
    >this but when I go to Start>ShutDown>ReStart, my PC shuts down but doesn't
    >restart back up again. I have to manually shut my PC 'OFF' and restart it
    >again. I wanted to save a second and now, have gained 120 of them!
    > I can't go to System Restore because, for some reason, I always get a
    >message telling me that my PC can't be restored back to the date and time
    >I've selected, no matter which bold date I choose to go back to.
    > So I'm in a little mess here and would greatly appreciate any reply
    >regarding a way to solve either of these problems/situations.
    > Hope to hear from someone soon!
    > And thanks an awful lot,
    > Billy

    Shutdown troubleshooter for Windows XP
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

    You can reinstall System Restore with these steps:

    1. Click Start, Run, In the Run box, type "C:\windows\inf" without the
    quotes and press enter.
    2. Look for SR.INF and RightClick on it, then LeftClick it, select "Install"

    Follow the prompts, Reboot and System Restore will be ready to use.

    http://www.updatexp.com/rstrui-exe-entry-point-not-found.html

    Unk, Jun 15, 2004