    to change it is *completely* grayed out. I can't change it in any way,
    shape, or form, no matter how I try. Any ideas--other than staying away
    from questionable sites, that is? :) Thanks!
    Thip, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Thip

    UnderDog Guest

    Do you have SpywareBlaster installed? If so, go to open it, go to
    Tools/Misc. IE Settings and uncheck the box marked Disable the IE Home Page
    settings area in the Internet Tools Control Panel. Also, if you have Spybot
    S&D, open in advanced mode, click Spybot-S&D/Immunize, scroll to the bottom,
    and uncheck the box marked Lock IE start page setting against user changes
    (current user).

    "Thip" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using Crazy Browser on XP Pro. This morning I picked up some spyware
    > that hijacked my start page, so ran Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D and got rid of
    > it (permanently deleted). My home page was reset to a blank and the

    option

    UnderDog, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Thip

    Thip Guest

    UnderDog wrote:
    || Also, if you have Spybot
    || S&D, open in advanced mode, click Spybot-S&D/Immunize, scroll to the
    || bottom, and uncheck the box marked Lock IE start page setting
    || against user changes (current user).

    That did it!!! Many many thanks.
    Thip, Jul 13, 2003