    Properties window freezes and I have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL just so I can get
    rid of the window.
    Does anyone know how this problem can be corrected? Thanks for any help.

    Mark T., Jun 9, 2004

  2. Mark T.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Mark T. wrote:
    > I use Windows 98 second editon and when I try to change the time on
    > the computer clock, I click the "OK" button and when I do, the the
    > Date/Time Properties window freezes and I have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL
    > just so I can get rid of the window.
    > Does anyone know how this problem can be corrected? Thanks for any
    > help.

    Nope. But you could reset your time/date in CMOS...

    Toolman Tim, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Mark T.

    Bill Watt Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:14:52 -0500, "Mark T." <>
    wrote:

    >I use Windows 98 second editon and when I try to change the time on the
    >computer clock, I click the "OK" button and when I do, the the Date/Time
    >Properties window freezes and I have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL just so I can get
    >rid of the window.
    >Does anyone know how this problem can be corrected? Thanks for any help.

    Mark,

    Double click the TIMEDATE.CPL file in the Windows\System folder. If
    it has a problem extract it from your Win98 SE CD. From Start>Run
    enter SFC and extract just that one file.

    Not for this but if you ever use the SFC scan don't replace any
    files other that those missing or corrupt. You could void any
    updates.

    Regards,

    Bill Watt
    Computer Help and Information http://home.epix.net/~bwatt/

    Bill Watt, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Mark T.

    glee Guest

    Try replacing the Time & Date control panel file (Timedate.cpl) in the
    Windows\System folder, with a fresh copy from your Windows CD or the .cab file
    location on your hard drive.

    How to use System File Checker (SFC) to extract a file:
    http://users.westelcom.com/rogersr/sfc.htm#1pp

    HOW TO: Extract Original Compressed Windows Files:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;129605#5

    Description of Control Panel (.cpl) Files
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=149648

    How to Troubleshoot Control Panel Issues in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=299923
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm