  1. Ryan Smith

    Ryan Smith Guest

    How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.
    Ryan Smith, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Ryan Smith

    Ryan Smith Guest

    Apparently yes!

    Ryan Smith, Jan 24, 2006

  3. Ryan Smith

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Jan 24, 2006
  4. On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:44:16 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    > Ryan Smith wrote:
    >> How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

    > Use the "Reply Group" button? perhaps?
    >
    > (aside - are ALL NTL World users totally friggin' thick?)

    I doubt it's just the ones who post here. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 24, 2006
  5. Ryan Smith

    old jon Guest

    old jon, Jan 24, 2006
  6. Ryan Smith

    old jon Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:44:16 +0000, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> Ryan Smith wrote:
    >>> How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

    >> Use the "Reply Group" button? perhaps?
    >>
    >> (aside - are ALL NTL World users totally friggin' thick?)

    > I doubt it's just the ones who post here. :)

    Get back out to sea Blinky, it`s not whales the japs are after this week
    <g>.

    old jon, Jan 24, 2006
  7. Ryan Smith

    Ryan Smith Guest

    I am!
    Ryan Smith, Jan 24, 2006
  8. Ryan Smith

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ryan Smith wrote:
    > How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

    http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/nquote.html Quoting Style in
    Newsgroup Postings

    Q1: What is "quoting" in newsgroup postings?
    Q2: How should I use the quoted text and arrange it with my own text?
    Q3: Why shouldn't I quote the entire posting that I'm responding to?
    Q8: When I start composing a response, my news-posting software always
    puts the insertion point above the quoted material.

    When you want to reply to a message, click your Reply Group tool button
    or use Message menu Reply to group.

    Then, using the guidelines demonstrated in the link above, do not start
    typing, start trimming.

    By 'precise' trimming, whatever you have to say will be made more clear
    and more pertinent and more accurately responsive to whatever you are
    replying to.

    After precisely trimming, place your remarks in context to those words
    you are replying to, leaving an empty line space below those words
    before you begin typing your own..

    After you've finished with your remarks, trim away everything else below
    you. You can add a signature by using your Insert signature function
    from the Insert sig toolbutton or from the Insert menu - Signature.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 24, 2006
  9. On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:00:03 +0000, old jon wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Use the "Reply Group" button? perhaps?
    >>>
    >>> (aside - are ALL NTL World users totally friggin' thick?)

    >> I doubt it's just the ones who post here. :)
    >>

    > Get back out to sea Blinky, it`s not whales the japs are after this week
    > <g>.

    I already gave my fin to charity. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 24, 2006
  10. Ryan Smith

    Joe Guest

    Press Reply or Reply Group button, not Write. That will start a new message

    Ryan Smith wrote:
    > How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

    --
    Email:
    Joe, Jan 25, 2006