    I keep getting the message from Avast anti-virus that I have the above
    trojan, but if I try to delete or move it I get the message that
    access to the file is denied. How do I get rid of it?

    Jo, Oct 30, 2004

  2. Jo

    TheRedCat Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:44:53 +0100, Jo <> wrote:

    >Win 32: Trojan-213 (Tri)
    >
    >I keep getting the message from Avast anti-virus that I have the above
    >trojan, but if I try to delete or move it I get the message that
    >access to the file is denied. How do I get rid of it?

    Try a virus scan from an external source such as
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/
    which I've had to resort to with client machines on occassions

    TheRedCat, Oct 30, 2004

  3. Jo

    a_mcbride Guest

    Jo wrote:
    > Win 32: Trojan-213 (Tri)
    >
    > I keep getting the message from Avast anti-virus that I have the above
    > trojan, but if I try to delete or move it I get the message that
    > access to the file is denied. How do I get rid of it?

    If you use XP,Trojans often hide in system restore, make sure you switch off restore as you will not be able to delete files from system restore and then run an online scanner.

    Andrew
    --
    When replying remove spamtrap from address Drop the donkey

    a_mcbride, Oct 30, 2004
  4. Jo

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:44:53 +0100, Jo <> wrote:

    >Win 32: Trojan-213 (Tri)
    >
    >I keep getting the message from Avast anti-virus that I have the above
    >trojan, but if I try to delete or move it I get the message that
    >access to the file is denied. How do I get rid of it?

    safe mode...

    Bob, Oct 31, 2004
  5. Jo

    zippy do da Guest

    a_mcbride wrote:
    > Jo wrote:
    >
    >>Win 32: Trojan-213 (Tri)
    >>
    >>I keep getting the message from Avast anti-virus that I have the above
    >>trojan, but if I try to delete or move it I get the message that
    >>access to the file is denied. How do I get rid of it?

    > If you use XP,Trojans often hide in system restore, make sure you switch off restore as you will not be able to delete files from system restore and then run an online scanner.
    >
    > Andrew

    also remember to turn off your system restore feature in windows some
    viruses and trojan will hide in here and many anti-virus programs won't
    remove many of them.

    zippy do da, Nov 2, 2004
  6. Jo

    zippy do da Guest

    zippy do da wrote:

    > a_mcbride wrote:
    >
    >> Jo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Win 32: Trojan-213 (Tri)
    >>>
    >>> I keep getting the message from Avast anti-virus that I have the above
    >>> trojan, but if I try to delete or move it I get the message that
    >>> access to the file is denied. How do I get rid of it?

    >> If you use XP,Trojans often hide in system restore, make sure you
    >> switch off restore as you will not be able to delete files from system
    >> restore and then run an online scanner.
    >> Andrew

    > also remember to turn off your system restore feature in windows some
    > viruses and trojan will hide in here and many anti-virus programs won't
    > remove many of them.

    correction will hid in your system and many big named anti-virus program
    will not allow the program to remove the bugs, since windows protected
    moode stops most anti-virus programs from removing the bugs.

    zippy do da, Nov 2, 2004
  7. Jo

    zippy do da Guest

    zippy do da wrote:

    > a_mcbride wrote:
    >
    >> Jo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Win 32: Trojan-213 (Tri)
    >>>
    >>> I keep getting the message from Avast anti-virus that I have the above
    >>> trojan, but if I try to delete or move it I get the message that
    >>> access to the file is denied. How do I get rid of it?

    >> If you use XP,Trojans often hide in system restore, make sure you
    >> switch off restore as you will not be able to delete files from system
    >> restore and then run an online scanner.
    >> Andrew

    > also remember to turn off your system restore feature in windows some
    > viruses and trojan will hide in here and many anti-virus programs won't
    > remove many of them.

    visit a site called spychecker.com go to hijack this then install run it
    look for weird stuff like weird web sites, and other odd programs in
    your reg but play carefully with the prgram. when in doubt check it on
    google.

    zippy do da, Nov 2, 2004
  8. Jo

    candygirl

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Can anyone help me pls??

    I'm currently traveling in Vietnam and just recently my laptop started behaving differently (slower start up, strange beeping noise, crackling sound, blue screen error appeared, avg removed, memory error message, new icons appearing on my desktop....etc). I took it to a local computer guy in Vietnam and he said it was a virus and he would sort it out for me!! When I got the laptop back, everything seemed fine and he'd put the free version of Avast on my laptop as the virus took off my avg. I looked at the scan summary on Avast and it said that the virus was a win 32: Trojan Gen. The laptop worked fine for a few days, but has since gone back to its odd behaviour and now everytime I turn it on, after a few minutes a blue screen appears saying that a crucial thread is missing and it must exit to save my computer from damage??

    Also I think the virus may have gone onto my external hard drive, but when I tried to scan the laptop and hard drive using Avast it wouldn't scan all the files as it says there is an error??

    Does anyone know how I can solve this please??.....

    and to top it off, just days after realising my laptop had the virus, my bank account was subject to numerous accounts of fraud....?????HMMmmmm ;0(

    candygirl, Apr 13, 2010