    utility. Please help if any of this makes sense.

    P.S. I can remove the Maxtor icon with Rt Click Exit, but after a
    reboot the bloody icon is back again looking for "Easy Manager."

    Baldy, Nov 11, 2007

  2. Baldy

    old man Guest

    Its part of your Maxtor external disk software

    old man, Nov 11, 2007

  3. "Baldy" <> wrote in message
    | For whatever reason I can't remove the Maxtor icon from the system
    | tray. The worst part about this is that in trying to remove the
    | program I finally resorted to attempting to remove all manually, the
    | WinXP Remove didn't work, it attempted to re-install. :-(
    | After many Searches I thought every thing was gone, but I still get
    | the Maxtor icon in the Sys Tray, this evidently causes something to
    | look for "Easy Manager" that I can't find with WinXP's Search
    | utility. Please help if any of this makes sense.
    |
    | P.S. I can remove the Maxtor icon with Rt Click Exit, but after a
    | reboot the bloody icon is back again looking for "Easy Manager."

    Try this......

    http://www.tweakxp.com/article37505.aspx

    Mike the Brewer, Nov 11, 2007
  4. Baldy

    Baldy Guest

    On Nov 11, 7:01 am, "Mike the Brewer" <> wrote:
    > "Baldy" <> wrote in message

    > | For whatever reason I can't remove the Maxtor icon from the system
    > | tray. The worst part about this is that in trying to remove the
    > | program I finally resorted to attempting to remove all manually, the
    > | WinXP Remove didn't work, it attempted to re-install. :-(
    > | After many Searches I thought every thing was gone, but I still get
    > | the Maxtor icon in the Sys Tray, this evidently causes something to
    > | look for "Easy Manager" that I can't find with WinXP's Search
    > | utility. Please help if any of this makes sense.
    > |
    > | P.S. I can remove the Maxtor icon with Rt Click Exit, but after a
    > | reboot the bloody icon is back again looking for "Easy Manager."
    > |

    > Try this......
    >
    > http://www.tweakxp.com/article37505.aspx

    Thanks Mike, but that brings up yet another problem. I did as the
    article said and still had problems so I decided to simply use Regedit
    and delete all entries for "Maxtor". Found a blue gazillion but quite
    a few caused the prompt "Unable to delete all specified values ." or
    "Cannot delete DiskMaxtor_6Y160PO___YAR41BWO:Error while deleting
    key." etc.

    Now what the hell do I do about those? There must have been more than
    50 that fall into that category.

    Thanks for your help.

    Baldy, Nov 11, 2007