cant rember password

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by CAROL l HUMPHREY, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. cant rember password

    CAROL l HUMPHREY, Jul 5, 2005

  2. CAROL l HUMPHREY wrote:

    > cant rember password

    Try ********

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 5, 2005

  3. CAROL l HUMPHREY

    dadiOH Guest

    CAROL l HUMPHREY wrote:
    > cant rember password

    You have a computer. What do you use it for, a paper weight? You
    could have used it to make a file containing info like that.

    Revelation
    http://www.snadboy.com/

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jul 5, 2005
  4. CAROL l HUMPHREY

    Troy Piggins Guest

    * CAROL l HUMPHREY wrote:
    > cant rember password

    Can't post a question,
    Can't spell,
    Can't think to say anything specific at all.

    You're just a farkin can't... :)

    --
    T R O Y P I G G I N S
    e :

    Troy Piggins, Jul 5, 2005
  5. CAROL l HUMPHREY

    rf Guest

    "CAROL l HUMPHREY" <> wrote in message
    > cant rember password

    Yo Blinky. Here is one for your "newsgroup questions" page :)

    rf, Jul 5, 2005
  6. rf wrote:
    > "CAROL l HUMPHREY" <> wrote in message
    >> cant rember password

    > Yo Blinky. Here is one for your "newsgroup questions" page :)

    It's tempting...but it actually imparts information (there is an
    unknown password to *something*). So it's not as purely, totally,
    absolutely, amazingly stupid as the two I have there:

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

    So somebody's going to try and crystal-ball it, rather than trying
    to show her that she's writing like a single-celled animal would write
    if single-celled animans had fingers.

    I'm thinking about it, but I dunno if I want to expand the list to
    dumb posts where there's *something* given.

    Thanks, rt, either way. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 5, 2005
  7. Blinky the Shark, Jul 5, 2005
  8. CAROL l HUMPHREY

    old jon Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > CAROL l HUMPHREY wrote:
    >
    >> cant rember password

    > Can't remember where I put my socks.

    they`re over there underneath that password. <g>

    old jon, Jul 5, 2005
  9. CAROL l HUMPHREY

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> CAROL l HUMPHREY wrote:
    >>
    >>> cant rember password

    >> Can't remember where I put my socks.

    > they`re over there underneath that password. <g>

    I forgot a password once - let's see: it was for one of those early
    online...oh yeah! Prodigy. Tore me up for months. Thankfully, the computer
    remembered it for me so I could still log in. Then one foggy Christmas
    eve...oops, wait, wrong story. Then one night, about 2 a.m. I awoke with a
    start. And the password. I ran to the computer desk in the living room and
    wrote it down. I never slept better <g>!

    Toolman Tim, Jul 6, 2005
  10. CAROL l HUMPHREY

    Aquila Deus Guest

    CAROL l HUMPHREY wrote:
    > cant rember password

    [boot from CD]
    mount /dev/hda1 /mnt
    chroot /mnt
    passwd
    [reset password]

    done!

    simple enough, isn't it?

    Aquila Deus, Jul 6, 2005
  11. CAROL l HUMPHREY

    tab Guest

    Well, another brain.
    What if they don't boot from hda1,
    but don't know they need to change it?

    Linux COLA people are so self absorbed.

    tab, Jul 6, 2005
  12. tab wrote:
    > Well, another brain.
    > What if they don't boot from hda1,
    > but don't know they need to change it?
    >
    > Linux COLA people are so self absorbed.

    ewww, buddy, stupidity is unresolvable!

    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i , Jul 7, 2005
  13. CAROL l HUMPHREY

    jafar Guest

    Easy fixed. Boot from a livecd like gentoo or knoppix, mount hd's and
    chroot in. Then you can change the password.

    --
    Jafar Calley
    Producer - http://moonlife-records.com

    jafar, Jul 7, 2005