    read ip address from router. using new win98se (have to) installation.
    what
    to do?

    Jack Moore, Mar 14, 2005

  2. Jack Moore

    Spider Guest

    Jack Moore wrote:
    > using two different NW cards I can't release (and renew) to get nw card to
    > read ip address from router. using new win98se (have to) installation.
    > what
    > to do?

    You don't have nearly enough information. What IP is showing that you
    are trying to release? Is it showing a subnet mask? Gateway? DNS? Any
    chance your network settings are set to specify an IP? (Right click
    Network Neighborhood icon, go to properties, click tcpip protocol for
    your network card, go to propertis, look at settings) What's the brand
    name of your router? What IP does the manual say to use to access it?

    --

    Spider

    http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/