    (D:) BackupDisk

    And there is no data for the disk. The recording took place, you can see
    something was written to the disk at the bottom. What's the deal?
    ZForce, Oct 29, 2003

  2. ZForce

    ZForce Guest

    I just tried again, and made sure the session was closed. Same results.
    The properites of the CD show 250MB used, but nothing can be seen on the
    disk. What the hell?

    "ZForce" <> wrote in message
    > I am using Easy CD Creator to make some data backup CDs. When I copy the

    CD
    > it says that everything worked just fine. But when I try to read the CD

    it

    ZForce, Oct 29, 2003

  3. ZForce

    Thor Guest

    this may sound dumb, but have you tried ejecting, and reloading the CD?
    Often new sessions aren't properly recognized by windows without doing that.

    Thor, Oct 30, 2003
  4. ZForce

    chuckie® Guest

    A second stupid question, to wit, did you format the CD?

    chuckie®, Oct 30, 2003
  5. ZForce

    Brad Guest

    a 3rd stupid question. make sure you arent testing instead of recording. I
    found its easy to make that mistake with easy cd creator

    Brad, Oct 30, 2003
  6. ZForce

    Guest

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 01:14:33 GMT, "chuckie®" <chuckie®@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >A second stupid question, to wit, did you format the CD?

    This is NOT a stupid question! I haven't had to format a disc for 15
    years. How was I supposed to know that it was all being written to a
    temp file, and it only looked like it was writing to my disc. I did
    finally notice that my disc light was not glowing.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Oct 30, 2003
  7. ZForce

    Thor Guest

    You only need to format the disc if you are using DirectCD for packet
    writing.

    Thor, Oct 30, 2003
  8. ZForce

    Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:42:31 -0500, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >You only need to format the disc if you are using DirectCD for packet
    >writing.

    Greek to me. I drag and drop from windows explorer. Doesn't work
    unless I format the disk.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Oct 30, 2003
  9. ZForce

    Thor Guest

    > >You only need to format the disc if you are using DirectCD for packet
    > >writing.

    > Greek to me. I drag and drop from windows explorer. Doesn't work
    > unless I format the disk.

    Then you are using DirectCD, INcd or other packet writing software. You
    can't drag-n-drop in explorer without it, or save directly to the CD from
    within applications. But it isn't required when you use the regular session
    burning software (EasyCD or Nero). For that, you don't need to preformat the
    disc.
    Thor, Oct 30, 2003