    receive email with Thunderbird. If I use Outlook Express, I can get mail
    but prefer TB. I am also having to wait for TB to "Build a summary file
    for my inbox" everytime I open TB. Any suggestions on what to check?

    Jack Martin, Aug 14, 2005

  2. Jack Martin

    Paddy Guest

    I think you have to set up thunderbird's default settings.
    do this
    click start and then run
    type
    C:\documents and settings\[current user]\Application Data\Thunderbird
    and then delete that file

    restart thunderbird and everything should work fine.

    Paddy, Aug 14, 2005

  3. Jack Martin

    Doug G Guest

    Jack Martin wrote:
    > I was having trouble connecting to the internet and made the mistake and
    > called my ISP customer service, they had me change a couple of modem
    > settings. Corrected the connection problems I was having but now I can't
    > receive email with Thunderbird. If I use Outlook Express, I can get mail
    > but prefer TB. I am also having to wait for TB to "Build a summary file
    > for my inbox" everytime I open TB. Any suggestions on what to check?

    Try this:
    1. Close Thunderbird.
    2. In Windows Explorer find your TB profile's \Mail\<mail.account.name>
    folder.
    3. Rename the Inbox file that has no extension to Oldinbox.
    4. Delete the Inbox.msf file. Don't delete any extension-less files.
    5. Empty Windows' Temp folder(s).
    6. Restart Thunderbird and check for mail.

    Default profile folder locations:
    http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

    Doug G, Aug 15, 2005
  4. Jack Martin

    Jack Martin Guest

    Doug G wrote:

    > Jack Martin wrote:
    >
    >> I was having trouble connecting to the internet and made the mistake
    >> and called my ISP customer service, they had me change a couple of
    >> modem settings. Corrected the connection problems I was having but
    >> now I can't receive email with Thunderbird. If I use Outlook Express,
    >> I can get mail but prefer TB. I am also having to wait for TB to
    >> "Build a summary file for my inbox" everytime I open TB. Any
    >> suggestions on what to check?

    > Try this:
    > 1. Close Thunderbird.
    > 2. In Windows Explorer find your TB profile's
    > \Mail\<mail.account.name> folder.
    > 3. Rename the Inbox file that has no extension to Oldinbox.
    > 4. Delete the Inbox.msf file. Don't delete any extension-less files.
    > 5. Empty Windows' Temp folder(s).
    > 6. Restart Thunderbird and check for mail.
    >
    > Default profile folder locations:
    > http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

    Doug,

    That solved the problem. Thanks.