    Subject: OT...or maybe not...
    Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:47:54 -0500

    [Sorry. This message is no longer available.]

    nntp://news.charter.net/alt.tv.survivor/119536

    Sydney Gondomer, Oct 13, 2008

  2. Even this one that I just posted is unreadable? I can see the subject
    and all, but it won't allow me to click and then read the post.
    I'm going to try another usenet reader. The one that starts with an
    "X" X-news I believe.

    Sydney Gondomer, Oct 13, 2008

  3. Sydney Gondomer

    Guest

    Sydney Gondomer <> wrote:

    >Even this one that I just posted is unreadable? I can see the subject
    >and all, but it won't allow me to click and then read the post.
    >I'm going to try another usenet reader. The one that starts with an
    >"X" X-news I believe.

    For what it's worth hit the Z key and see if that helps you. There
    would be a setting to set but I'm not going to dig for it.
    --

    /O\
    http://tinyurl.com/3hksp8

    , Oct 13, 2008
  4. Sydney Gondomer

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-10-13, Sydney Gondomer <> wrote:
    > Every time I try to read a message using forte Agent 4.2.3118 I get
    > the below message.
    >
    > I think I may have successfully read about three or four, now it won't
    > let me read any messages. I may not be able to send this either.
    >
    > What is causing this problem?
    >
    > Forte Agent? My ISP?
    >
    > Have they blocked me from using USENET or something?
    >
    > Subject: OT...or maybe not...
    > Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:47:54 -0500
    >
    > [Sorry. This message is no longer available.]

    > nntp://news.charter.net/alt.tv.survivor/119536

    Could be a glitch in your news-server's system. It's possible for
    'headers' to be present in the headers database for 'bodies' which are not
    in the bodies database (the two are usually stored seperately, connected
    by the local message number). The glitch might clear up 'later'.

    I can't read from charter.net, not being a customer, but that article
    certainly still exists on the server I use. It even got a reply!

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 13, 2008
  5. Sydney Gondomer

    Alfred Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:58:03 -0500, Sydney Gondomer
    <> wrote:

    >Every time I try to read a message using forte Agent 4.2.3118 I get
    >the below message.
    >
    >I think I may have successfully read about three or four, now it won't
    >let me read any messages. I may not be able to send this either.
    >
    >What is causing this problem?
    >
    >Forte Agent? My ISP?
    >
    >Have they blocked me from using USENET or something?

    It's the news server..
    Try another.
    Someone posted a load of free ones last week

    Alfred, Oct 13, 2008
  6. Sydney Gondomer

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:58:03 -0500, Sydney Gondomer wrote:

    >Every time I try to read a message using forte Agent 4.2.3118 I get

    You mean 4.2/32.1118?

    >the below message.
    >
    >I think I may have successfully read about three or four, now it won't
    >let me read any messages. I may not be able to send this either.
    >
    >What is causing this problem?
    >
    >Forte Agent? My ISP?

    Forte or ISP or usenet server.

    >Have they blocked me from using USENET or something?

    Reading your post, not yet, maybe soon :)

    >Subject: OT...or maybe not...
    >Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:47:54 -0500
    >
    >[Sorry. This message is no longer available.]

    Headers can exist, doesn't mean the message does. Server may be updating
    and out of sync.

    <snip> Not worth reading the message with the above ID, it appears to be
    OT and a waste of electrons.
    Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
    Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:47:54 -0500

    Today's news tells us that a U of New Mexico study said that smarter men
    had healthier sperm.

    That's all...except to say that my top 3 sperm were named 'Plato',
    'Einstein' and 'Hawking.'

    No brag, just fact.

    Your 2nd message on the server I use is fine.

    Google Groups for both msg-is's
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
    are both there.

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 15,600 for
    forte agent [Sorry. This message is no longer available.]
    .. (0.37 seconds)

    So missing posts in alt.tv and 24hshd....

    Me

    why?, Oct 13, 2008
  7. Wow!

    I've been away for a few hours. I sat down just now opened my
    newsreader and easily read all of the posts on this topic.

    the only thing I did was to Turn on my Spysweeper firewll. I noticed
    it was turned off.

    I'm going to send this now so you can see that it opened for me Ok.
    Then I will see if I can read from other newsgroups
    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:19:30 GMT, why?

    Sydney Gondomer, Oct 13, 2008
  8. Sydney Gondomer

    ® Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:55:01 -0500, Sydney Gondomer
    <> wrote:

    >Wow!
    >
    >I've been away for a few hours. I sat down just now opened my
    >newsreader and easily read all of the posts on this topic.

    (cut)

    Such as, posting where ("top" posting) doing so is rather guaranteed to
    pi**-off (in the States, that means "to make *very* angry") most folks,
    who would rather follow common usenet convention (reading posts in the
    faashion most often used, to increase ease of reading)?

    ®, Oct 13, 2008
  9. why? wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:58:03 -0500, Sydney Gondomer wrote:

    > <snip> Not worth reading the message with the above ID, it appears to be
    > OT and a waste of electrons.

    Hat trick! It's also from a WebTVHead. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 13, 2008
  10. Sydney Gondomer wrote:

    > Wow!
    >
    > I've been away for a few hours

    ...and still haven't learned how to trim, and to not top-post...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 13, 2008
  11. Sydney Gondomer

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:34:20 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:58:03 -0500, Sydney Gondomer wrote:

    >> <snip> Not worth reading the message with the above ID, it appears to be
    >> OT and a waste of electrons.

    >Hat trick! It's also from a WebTVHead. :)

    Don't have that over here, I assume from past mentions in 24HSHD it's
    crap, for want of a better word.

    So it's another service on top of getting anything useful done.

    Me

    why?, Oct 14, 2008
  12. Sydney Gondomer

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-10-14, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:34:20 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>why? wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:58:03 -0500, Sydney Gondomer wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <snip> Not worth reading the message with the above ID, it appears to be
    >>> OT and a waste of electrons.

    >>Hat trick! It's also from a WebTVHead. :)

    > Don't have that over here, I assume from past mentions in 24HSHD it's
    > crap, for want of a better word.
    >
    > So it's another service on top of getting anything useful done.
    >
    > Me

    Actually a rather good idea, originally (mid-90s). Somewhat ahead of its
    time.

    The current operation is owned by Microsoft (and called MSN TV) and is only
    available within the USA. It probably provides all the 'computing' that
    many people want - web access as a domestic appliance.

    <http://www.webtv.com/pc/> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSN_TV>

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 14, 2008
  13. Sydney Gondomer

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:20:17 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    >On 2008-10-14, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    <snip>

    >>>Hat trick! It's also from a WebTVHead. :)

    >> Don't have that over here, I assume from past mentions in 24HSHD it's
    >> crap, for want of a better word.
    >>
    >> So it's another service on top of getting anything useful done.
    >>
    >> Me

    >Actually a rather good idea, originally (mid-90s). Somewhat ahead of its
    >time.
    >
    >The current operation is owned by Microsoft (and called MSN TV) and is only
    >available within the USA. It probably provides all the 'computing' that
    >many people want - web access as a domestic appliance.

    Well it's a bit on the KISS principle :)

    ><http://www.webtv.com/pc/> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSN_TV>

    Thanks.

    Well at the first link, seems to be lacking in detail but there are lots
    of 'buy now' links.

    Me

    why?, Oct 15, 2008