    It's weird.

    Thank you,

    Lynn
    Lynn, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Lynn

    Greg M Guest

    Hold down the ctrl key and spin yer mouse wheel.

    (Lynn) wrote in

    Greg M, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Lynn

    NoOne Guest

    "Lynn" <> wrote in message
    > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
    > clear.
    >
    > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
    > about it?
    >
    > It's weird.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Lynn

    You say 'some' websites.....'so do you mean most are okay?
    If all are blurred it could be a video drivers issue.
    If it's the printing that's small, try this....
    Hold down your Ctrl key whilst moving the mouse-wheel....'does it help?
    Any change?
    G.
    NoOne, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Lynn

    NoOne Guest

    "NoOne" <> wrote in message

    > "Lynn" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    > > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
    > > clear.
    > >
    > > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    > > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
    > > about it?
    > >
    > > It's weird.
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > > Lynn

    > You say 'some' websites.....'so do you mean most are okay?
    > If all are blurred it could be a video drivers issue.
    > If it's the printing that's small, try this....
    > Hold down your Ctrl key whilst moving the mouse-wheel....'does it help?
    > Any change?
    > G.

    Is it clear when you use a word processor?
    (Can you read the text easily?)
    G.
    NoOne, Sep 12, 2003
  5. dude,

    you got a dell...hehehe

    Robert Larson, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Lynn

    trout Guest

    Lynn wrote:

    > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
    > clear.
    >
    > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
    > about it?
    >
    > It's weird.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Lynn

    Assuming you're using Internet Explorer: View; Text size.
    --
    "Or the Ctrl+wheel thing."
    trout, Sep 12, 2003
  7. Lynn

    Kraftee Guest

    Lynn wrote:
    > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing
    > is clear.
    >
    > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to
    > do about it?
    >
    > It's weird.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Lynn

    What type of monitor have you got.

    If you've got a LCD screen make sure that you've got it set to the
    preferred resolution..

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Sep 12, 2003
  8. Lynn

    Petit Alexi Guest

    (Lynn) wrote in

    > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
    > clear.
    >
    > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
    > about it?
    >
    > It's weird.

    Some websites set the font size in pixels. Changing the text size wont
    work in those cases.

    In Internet Explorer try

    Tools > Accessibility > Ignore font sizes specified on web pages.
    Petit Alexi, Sep 12, 2003
  9. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    Petit Alexi <9.invalid> wrote in message news:<Xns93F4607EC1C1Acwqf91b3invalid@216.196.97.131>...
    > (Lynn) wrote in
    >
    > > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    > > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
    > > clear.
    > >
    > > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    > > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
    > > about it?
    > >
    > > It's weird.

    > Some websites set the font size in pixels. Changing the text size wont
    > work in those cases.
    >
    > In Internet Explorer try
    >
    > Tools > Accessibility > Ignore font sizes specified on web pages.

    I'll try this . Thanks. The mouse spin seems to work, at least on
    the pages I tried.
    Lynn, Sep 12, 2003
  10. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    Greg M <> wrote in message news:<Xns93F3C8B249F59xooo2@216.196.97.132>...
    > Hold down the ctrl key and spin yer mouse wheel.
    >
    > (Lynn) wrote in
    >
    > > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small
    > > and blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the
    > > writing is clear.
    > >
    > > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me
    > > if this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me
    > > what to do about it?

    Thanks, it does work.

    Lynn
    Lynn, Sep 12, 2003
  11. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    "NoOne" <> wrote in message news:<OP78b.3199$>...
    > "NoOne" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Lynn" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > > > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    > > > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
    > > > clear.
    > > >
    > > > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    > > > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
    > > > about it?
    > > >
    > > > It's weird.
    > > >
    > > > Thank you,
    > > >
    > > > Lynn

    > > You say 'some' websites.....'so do you mean most are okay?
    > > If all are blurred it could be a video drivers issue.
    > > If it's the printing that's small, try this....
    > > Hold down your Ctrl key whilst moving the mouse-wheel....'does it help?
    > > Any change?
    > > G.
    > >

    > Is it clear when you use a word processor?
    > (Can you read the text easily?)
    > G.

    Yes, the spin worked. I don't know about the word processor,sadly I
    don't know how to use one.
    Lynn, Sep 12, 2003
  12. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    "Kraftee" <> wrote in message news:<3288b.370$>...
    > Lynn wrote:
    > > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    > > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing
    > > is clear.
    > >
    > > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    > > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to
    > > do about it?
    > >
    > > It's weird.
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > > Lynn

    > What type of monitor have you got.

    Just says Plug and Play .

    > If you've got a LCD screen make sure that you've got it set to the
    > preferred resolution..

    I don't know , but that is what the tech tried to do but it didn't work.

    Hopefully the spin will be the answer.
    Lynn, Sep 12, 2003
  13. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message news:<bjr29m$m954a$-berlin.de>...
    > Lynn wrote:
    >
    > > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    > > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    > > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
    > > clear.
    > >
    > > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    > > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
    > > about it?
    > >
    > > It's weird.
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > > Lynn

    > Assuming you're using Internet Explorer: View; Text size.

    Can you tell me where to find that? I am using Explorer.

    Google takes 3 to 9 hours to post, usually the latter so sorry I
    didn't get the answers to everyone sooner.

    Thanks to all , I knew I should have come here first.

    Lynn
    Lynn, Sep 12, 2003
  14. Lynn

    Petit Alexi Guest

    (Lynn) wrote in

    > Petit Alexi <9.invalid> wrote in message
    >> (Lynn) wrote in
    >>
    >> > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    >> > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    >> > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing
    >> > is clear.
    >> >
    >> > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    >> > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to
    >> > do about it?
    >> >
    >> > It's weird.

    >> Some websites set the font size in pixels. Changing the text size
    >> wont work in those cases.
    >>
    >> In Internet Explorer try
    >>
    >> Tools > Accessibility > Ignore font sizes specified on web pages.

    > I'll try this .

    It's a toggle, so you can always turn it off if you don't like it.

    > Thanks. The mouse spin seems to work, at least on
    > the pages I tried.

    <http://www.theonion.com/> is an example of a page that won't change using
    the spinny mouse wheel thing, or the text size changer.

    Like I say, it's only if they specify the size of fonts using pixel sizes.
    Petit Alexi, Sep 12, 2003
  15. Lynn

    Petit Alexi Guest

    (Lynn) wrote in

    > I don't know about the word processor,sadly I
    > don't know how to use one.

    Is your isp NTLhome?
    Petit Alexi, Sep 12, 2003
  16. Lynn

    trout Guest

    Lynn wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> Lynn wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
    >>> help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
    >>> blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing
    >>> is
    >>> clear.
    >>>
    >>> Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
    >>> this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to
    >>> do
    >>> about it?
    >>>
    >>> It's weird.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you,
    >>>
    >>> Lynn

    >> Assuming you're using Internet Explorer: View; Text size.

    > Can you tell me where to find that? I am using Explorer.
    >

    > Google takes 3 to 9 hours to post, usually the latter so sorry I
    > didn't get the answers to everyone sooner.
    >
    > Thanks to all , I knew I should have come here first.
    >

    > Lynn

    Do you mean that you are accessing the Net with "Windows Explorer",
    instead of "Internet Explorer"?
    If so; I'd advise that you use the latter, instead; as there is much
    more flexibility with the interface.
    --
    "Good luck."
    trout, Sep 12, 2003
  17. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message news:<bjtej2$modd5$-berlin.de>...
    > Lynn wrote:
    >
    > > "trout" <> wrote in message

    > >> Assuming you're using Internet Explorer: View; Text size.

    > > Can you tell me where to find that? I am using Explorer.
    > >

    > > Google takes 3 to 9 hours to post, usually the latter so sorry I
    > > didn't get the answers to everyone sooner.
    > >
    > > Thanks to all , I knew I should have come here first.
    > >

    > > Lynn

    > Do you mean that you are accessing the Net with "Windows Explorer",
    > instead of "Internet Explorer"?
    > If so; I'd advise that you use the latter, instead; as there is much
    > more flexibility with the interface.

    No, I am using Internet Explorer and everything seems to be fixed I
    found the view/text. It must have worked. Thanks a bunch.
    Lynn, Sep 13, 2003
  18. Lynn

    Greg M Guest

    (Lynn) wrote in

    > Greg M <> wrote in message
    >> Hold down the ctrl key and spin yer mouse wheel.
    >>
    >> (Lynn) wrote in
    >>
    >> > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites -
    >> > including help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing
    >> > is so small and blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read
    >> > it. Some of the writing is clear.

    > Thanks, it does work.
    >
    > Lynn

    You're welcome.
    Greg M, Sep 13, 2003
  19. Lynn

    Rosco Guest

    Maybee this will work. If you have a scroll mouse ( mouse with a scroll
    wheel on top ) go to that web site. Hold down CTRL on your keyboard and
    scroll down one or two tics at a time. That may enlarge everything for
    you. Hope that works. I found that when I wondered why one day my yahoo
    inbox was small the next it has huge.

    Robert

    (Lynn) wrote in

    Rosco, Sep 20, 2003