    Don't know why or how to sort this.

    Thanks, Dave
    ------------------

    ARADURS, May 23, 2006

  2. ARADURS

    Gordon Guest

    ARADURS wrote:

    > Any help appreciated...
    >
    > Wish to replace a printer driver on my old non-internet Windows 98 pc.
    >
    > Using a Windows XP PC have downloaded the appropriate driver from Hewlett
    > Packard printer..then copied it onto a CD-RW by dragging and dropping the
    > HP file onto the CD drive icon...all ok and this file can be viewed ok
    > when loaded onto another XP machine.
    >
    > However, when inserting the CD into the CD drive of the W98 pc get the
    > message:-
    >
    > E is not accessible. The driver is not ready!
    >
    > Don't know why or how to sort this.
    >
    > Thanks, Dave
    > ------------------

    AFAIK you won't be able to until you finalise the CD.

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Gordon, May 23, 2006

  3. ARADURS

    dadiOH Guest

    ARADURS wrote:
    > Any help appreciated...
    >
    > Wish to replace a printer driver on my old non-internet Windows 98 pc.
    >
    > Using a Windows XP PC have downloaded the appropriate driver from
    > Hewlett Packard printer..then copied it onto a CD-RW by dragging and
    > dropping the HP file onto the CD drive icon...all ok and this file
    > can be viewed ok when loaded onto another XP machine.
    >
    > However, when inserting the CD into the CD drive of the W98 pc get the
    > message:-
    >
    > E is not accessible. The driver is not ready!
    >
    > Don't know why or how to sort this.

    A. Get a packet reader for the Win98 machine; eg...
    http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv4_2.jhtml

    - OR -

    B. Write the disc on your XP machine with a mastering program rather than
    drag & drop packets

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 23, 2006
  4. ARADURS

    ARADURS Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > ARADURS wrote:
    >
    >> Any help appreciated...
    >>
    >> Wish to replace a printer driver on my old non-internet Windows 98 pc.
    >>
    >> Using a Windows XP PC have downloaded the appropriate driver from Hewlett
    >> Packard printer..then copied it onto a CD-RW by dragging and dropping the
    >> HP file onto the CD drive icon...all ok and this file can be viewed ok
    >> when loaded onto another XP machine.
    >>
    >> However, when inserting the CD into the CD drive of the W98 pc get the
    >> message:-
    >>
    >> E is not accessible. The driver is not ready!
    >>
    >> Don't know why or how to sort this.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Dave
    >> ------------------

    > AFAIK you won't be able to until you finalise the CD.
    >---------------------------------

    Can you explain a bit...whsat do you mean? Thanks

    ARADURS, May 23, 2006
  5. ARADURS

    ARADURS Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > ARADURS wrote:
    >> Any help appreciated...
    >>
    >> Wish to replace a printer driver on my old non-internet Windows 98 pc.
    >>
    >> Using a Windows XP PC have downloaded the appropriate driver from
    >> Hewlett Packard printer..then copied it onto a CD-RW by dragging and
    >> dropping the HP file onto the CD drive icon...all ok and this file
    >> can be viewed ok when loaded onto another XP machine.
    >>
    >> However, when inserting the CD into the CD drive of the W98 pc get the
    >> message:-
    >>
    >> E is not accessible. The driver is not ready!
    >>
    >> Don't know why or how to sort this.

    > A. Get a packet reader for the Win98 machine; eg...
    > http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv4_2.jhtml
    >
    > - OR -
    >
    > B. Write the disc on your XP machine with a mastering program rather than
    > drag & drop packets

    --------------------------------------
    Ah...I see now.
    Anyone know of a free - or at least free to try prog Mastering Program?
    Thanks.
    ------------

    ARADURS, May 23, 2006
  6. ARADURS

    Helen Guest

    ARADURS wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> ARADURS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any help appreciated...
    >>>
    >>> Wish to replace a printer driver on my old non-internet Windows 98
    >>> pc. Using a Windows XP PC have downloaded the appropriate driver from
    >>> Hewlett Packard printer..then copied it onto a CD-RW by dragging
    >>> and dropping the HP file onto the CD drive icon...all ok and this
    >>> file can be viewed ok when loaded onto another XP machine.
    >>>
    >>> However, when inserting the CD into the CD drive of the W98 pc get
    >>> the message:-
    >>>
    >>> E is not accessible. The driver is not ready!
    >>>
    >>> Don't know why or how to sort this.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks, Dave
    >>> ------------------

    >> AFAIK you won't be able to until you finalise the CD.
    >> ---------------------------------

    > Can you explain a bit...whsat do you mean? Thanks

    When a CD is 'burned' it must be closed in order for you to read it later.
    If you are using a CD-R, it's toast unless you close (finalize) it. If if there
    is only one song on it, it must be closed to hear it. Most software does
    this automatically unless you have a program that allows you to NOT CLOSE
    by choice. As Roxio's DirectCD used to provide. If you are using a CD-RW
    which you can write to later, it's ok to not close it until it is full. Of course it
    too must be finalized to be read from later.

    HTH
    Helen

    Helen, May 23, 2006

    Look at CDBurnerXP Pro (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/)

    GreenieLeBrun, May 24, 2006
  8. ARADURS

    ARADURS Guest

    OK, Great thanks, D
    -------------------------

    ARADURS, May 24, 2006
  9. ARADURS

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:48:23 +0100, "ARADURS" <DS@NOMAIL> wrote:

    >Any help appreciated...
    >
    >Wish to replace a printer driver on my old non-internet Windows 98 pc.
    >
    >Using a Windows XP PC have downloaded the appropriate driver from Hewlett
    >Packard printer..then copied it onto a CD-RW by dragging and dropping the HP
    >file onto the CD drive icon...all ok and this file can be viewed ok when
    >loaded onto another XP machine.
    >
    >However, when inserting the CD into the CD drive of the W98 pc get the
    >message:-
    >
    > E is not accessible. The driver is not ready!
    >
    >Don't know why or how to sort this.

    You should use a cd burner program.

    >Thanks, Dave

    Barry