    file recovery programs to recover the data?

    Thanks!

    George M.

    anon, Aug 5, 2005

  2. GreenieLeBrun, Aug 5, 2005

  3. anon

    Kenny Guest

    I had a Maxtor 160GB in a USB2 IcyBox external enclosure which failed
    recently.
    First it became slow to access then occasionally I couldn't read files on
    it.
    Checkdisk, defrag, Perfecdisk or Partition Magic wouldn't run on it, kept
    getting a "too many errors" type of message.
    Started moving data off it, managed about half then it failed completely.
    Don't think I'll be buying Maxtor again.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Aug 5, 2005
  4. anon

    Kenny Guest

    Should also have added that Maxtor's PowerMax diagnostic program wouldn't
    run on an external drive. I suppose I could have fitted the drive
    internally as a Slave to run it but what was the point of going to all that
    trouble, I knew it was f****d.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Aug 5, 2005