    Windows XP Home Ed

    --
    Fiddy
    fiddaman64, Oct 24, 2004

  2. Have you installed or removed any burning software lately? If so give
    details...

    -L

    Locke Nash Cole, Oct 25, 2004

  3. fiddaman64

    fiddaman64 Guest

    "Locke Nash Cole" <> wrote in message
    > Have you installed or removed any burning software lately? If so give
    > details...
    >
    > -L

    Nup, no software installed. However, my computer did switch itself off and
    reboot the other day for no apparent reason?

    Fiddy
    fiddaman64, Oct 25, 2004
  4. fiddaman64

    Sano Guest

    As Locke Nash said if s/w is good, I'd first go to Device Manager and
    remove the offending item and reboot. See if XP detects it, and reinstalls
    it properly.

    Check to make sure all cables are installed tightly.

    If that still doesn't help, see if there's any firmware available on the
    Samsung site. If so, reinstall the firmware, assuming it's a burner. I
    doubt there's anything for a reader only drive.

    http://www.samsung.com/Support/ProductSupport/download/index.aspx

    Last, swap the drive into another machine.

    Sano, Oct 25, 2004