    can only do anything with the camera.

    Updated drivers ??

    greg

    GregS, Dec 12, 2007

  2. GregS

    ray Guest

    On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:11:02 +0000, GregS wrote:

    > My Canon IP6000D printer can not read my 2 GB SD card. Neither
    > can my card reader in one computer. 16 MB card works fine. I
    > can only do anything with the camera.
    >
    > Updated drivers ??
    >
    > greg

    FWIW: my Epson Stylus Photo R320 and my computers have no
    problems with my 2gb SD cards.

    ray, Dec 12, 2007

  3. GregS

    Guest

    On Dec 12, 6:34 pm, ray <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:11:02 +0000, GregS wrote:
    > > My Canon IP6000D printer can not read my 2 GB SD card. Neither
    > > can my card reader in one computer. 16 MB card works fine. I
    > > can only do anything with the camera.

    > > Updated drivers ??

    > > greg

    > FWIW: my Epson Stylus Photo R320 and my computers have no
    > problems with my 2gb SD cards.

    Does the computer recognise that the card is there, but not see any
    files. If this is the case, it could be that the card is corrupted.
    A demo of my data recovery program www.cnwrecovery.com will show
    photos if it is just a corruption. If I understand your posting, it
    does appear that the camera will read the card - this gives more
    wieight to the idea that the card is physically OK, but logically
    corrupted.

    I have not come across any problems with card reads and the capacity
    of the card, 2GB in this case, and card readers do not need device
    drivers, assuming you are using 2000 or XP (or Vista).

    If the card cannot be seen by the card reader then it is likely to be
    physically damaged chip - I am not sure if recovery will be possible.

    Michael

    , Dec 12, 2007
  4. GregS

    tomcas Guest

    GregS wrote:
    > My Canon IP6000D printer can not read my 2 GB SD card. Neither
    > can my card reader in one computer. 16 MB card works fine. I
    > can only do anything with the camera.
    >
    > Updated drivers ??
    >
    > greg

    Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

    tomcas, Dec 13, 2007
  5. GregS

    Guest

    On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:02:50 -0500, tomcas
    <> wrote:

    >GregS wrote:
    >> My Canon IP6000D printer can not read my 2 GB SD card. Neither
    >> can my card reader in one computer. 16 MB card works fine. I
    >> can only do anything with the camera.
    >>
    >> Updated drivers ??
    >>
    >> greg

    >Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

    If the files can't be read now they certainly won't be read after a
    format.

    , Dec 13, 2007
  6. GregS

    gerrit Guest

    "tomcas" <> wrote in message
    > GregS wrote:
    > > My Canon IP6000D printer can not read my 2 GB SD card. Neither
    > > can my card reader in one computer. 16 MB card works fine. I
    > > can only do anything with the camera.
    > >
    > > Updated drivers ??
    > >
    > > greg

    > Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

    Before doing that I would connect the camera to the computer to download any
    photos you want to keep! :)

    gerrit, Dec 13, 2007
  7. GregS

    Guest

    On Dec 12, 5:21 pm, wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:02:50 -0500, tomcas
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >GregS wrote:
    > >> My Canon IP6000D printer can not read my 2 GB SD card. Neither
    > >> can my card reader in one computer. 16 MB card works fine. I
    > >> can only do anything with the camera.

    > >> Updated drivers ??

    > >> greg

    > >Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

    > If the files can't be read now they certainly won't be read after a
    > format.

    Sure they will. Try PhotoRescue. Formatting a card does not write the
    whole card. The data areas are left alone. I bought a 'new' card on
    eBay which had been formatted but there were many photos on it.

    http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

    GG

    , Dec 13, 2007
  8. GregS

    GregS Guest

    In article <476084bf$0$5955$>, tomcas <> wrote:
    >GregS wrote:
    >> My Canon IP6000D printer can not read my 2 GB SD card. Neither
    >> can my card reader in one computer. 16 MB card works fine. I
    >> can only do anything with the camera.
    >>
    >> Updated drivers ??
    >>
    >> greg

    >Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

    I am going to try that.

    greg

    GregS, Dec 13, 2007
  9. GregS

    GregS Guest

    In article <fjrcs4$php$>, (GregS) wrote:
    >In article <476084bf$0$5955$>, tomcas
    > <> wrote:
    >>GregS wrote:
    >>> My Canon IP6000D printer can not read my 2 GB SD card. Neither
    >>> can my card reader in one computer. 16 MB card works fine. I
    >>> can only do anything with the camera.
    >>>
    >>> Updated drivers ??
    >>>
    >>> greg

    >>Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

    >I am going to try that.
    >
    >greg

    That didn't work. Current computer using W2K. My
    other computer has XP and a multi card reader. Trouble is, the multiple
    card reader takes up 4 drive letters. Running Novell with Windows
    is a real pain, because Novell wants one of the drive letters. Its
    a big problem using that computer. Best thing for
    me is to get rid of the card reader.

    greg

    GregS, Dec 13, 2007
  10. GregS wrote:
    > other computer has XP and a multi card reader. Trouble is, the
    > multiple card reader takes up 4 drive letters. Running Novell with
    > Windows is a real pain, because Novell wants one of the drive
    > letters. Its a big problem using that computer. Best thing for
    > me is to get rid of the card reader.

    Why not just disable those slots in the card reader that you don't need?
    - "My Computer"
    - right click on any drive and select "Properties"
    - select tab "Hardware"
    - select the card reader slot that you don't need and click on "Properties"
    - at the bottom of the new dialog under "Device usage" select "Do not use
    this device (disable)"
    - and click "ok"

    And voila, that slot doesn't take up a drive letter any longer.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Dec 13, 2007
  11. GregS

    tomcas Guest

    wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:02:50 -0500, tomcas
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>GregS wrote:
    >>
    >>>My Canon IP6000D printer can not read my 2 GB SD card. Neither
    >>>can my card reader in one computer. 16 MB card works fine. I
    >>>can only do anything with the camera.
    >>>
    >>>Updated drivers ??
    >>>
    >>>greg

    >>Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

    > If the files can't be read now they certainly won't be read after a
    > format.

    Obviously. The poster doesn't say what's more important, restoring use
    of the card or retrieving his photos.

    tomcas, Dec 14, 2007