    What is the problem? And how could I solve it?

    Thanks.

    Bun Mui
    Bun Mui, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Bun Mui

    °Mike° Guest

    Options / Security Preferences.
    Enable both SSL 2 and SSL 3.
    Make sure that 40 and 56 bit encryption is not enabled

    On 11 Jun 2004 23:47:16 -0700, in
    <>
    Bun Mui scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 12, 2004

  3. On 11 Jun 2004 23:47:16 -0700, (Bun Mui) wrote:

    >Suddenly on one of my computer which has Netscape.
    >When I try to post a new posting on Google newsgroup I get this
    >message.-
    >
    >"Netscape and this server cannot communicate securely because they
    >have no common encryption algorthm(s)"
    >

    >What is the problem? And how could I solve it?

    Sounds like you might not have SSL enabled. I'm not sure where the
    configuration for this is in Netscape but have a look and make sure it
    is enabled.
    The Great Cornholio, Jun 12, 2004
  4. The Great Cornholio wrote:

    > On 11 Jun 2004 23:47:16 -0700, (Bun Mui) wrote:

    >>Suddenly on one of my computer which has Netscape.
    >>When I try to post a new posting on Google newsgroup I get this
    >>message.-

    >>"Netscape and this server cannot communicate securely because they
    >>have no common encryption algorthm(s)"

    >>What is the problem? And how could I solve it?

    > Sounds like you might not have SSL enabled. I'm not sure where the
    > configuration for this is in Netscape but have a look and make sure it
    > is enabled.

    In Moz, it's in Edit/Prefs/Security/SSL. If he's using 4.ancient, I
    dunno exactly where it is.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 12, 2004
  5. Bun Mui

    Bun Mui Guest

    The Great Cornholio <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 11 Jun 2004 23:47:16 -0700, (Bun Mui) wrote:
    >
    > >Suddenly on one of my computer which has Netscape.
    > >When I try to post a new posting on Google newsgroup I get this
    > >message.-
    > >
    > >"Netscape and this server cannot communicate securely because they
    > >have no common encryption algorthm(s)"
    > >

    > >What is the problem? And how could I solve it?
    > >

    > Sounds like you might not have SSL enabled. I'm not sure where the
    > configuration for this is in Netscape but have a look and make sure it
    > is enabled.

    I have Netscape stand alone browser 4.08. Anybody knows what I should do?

    Thanks.

    Bun Mui
    Bun Mui, Jun 12, 2004
  6. Bun Mui

    Boomer Guest

    (Bun Mui) wrote:

    > The Great Cornholio <> wrote in
    > message news:<>...
    >> On 11 Jun 2004 23:47:16 -0700, (Bun Mui)
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Suddenly on one of my computer which has Netscape.
    >> >When I try to post a new posting on Google newsgroup I get
    >> >this message.-
    >> >
    >> >"Netscape and this server cannot communicate securely because
    >> >they have no common encryption algorthm(s)"
    >> >

    >> >What is the problem? And how could I solve it?
    >> >

    >> Sounds like you might not have SSL enabled. I'm not sure where
    >> the configuration for this is in Netscape but have a look and
    >> make sure it is enabled.

    > I have Netscape stand alone browser 4.08. Anybody knows what I
    > should do?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > Bun Mui

    Hi

    Didn't either of the replies help?

    Have you searched Google or Google Groups archive? Or ask at
    a Netscape or Mozilla group? Upgrade your browser?

    http://www.google.com/groups?as_q=Netscape 4.08 SSL&safe=off&ie=U
    TF-8&as_scoring=d&lr=lang_en&num=100&hl=en

    HTH
    Boomer, Jun 12, 2004