    seasons 1-6 but I can play the Stargate CC on my brothers set so it does
    work. Region 1 English.

    Rick
    Rick, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Rick

    Biz Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a Toshiba 27A33 TV which I bought in 2003 and a JVC XV-S45GD which

    > bought 2001. I can play Closed Caption on Broadcast but not when I play
    > DVD's but I can play subtitles. I can't play Subtitles or CC on my

    Stargate
    > seasons 1-6 but I can play the Stargate CC on my brothers set so it does
    > work. Region 1 English.
    >
    > Rick

    Seems to be a well-known issue that many/most JVC DVD players do not pass
    the CC signal on to your tv. IF CC's are important to you, instead of
    subtitles, don't own a JVC player.
    Biz, Oct 7, 2004

  3. "Rick" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have a Toshiba 27A33 TV which I bought in 2003 and a JVC XV-S45GD which I
    > bought 2001. I can play Closed Caption on Broadcast but not when I play
    > DVD's but I can play subtitles. I can't play Subtitles or CC on my Stargate
    > seasons 1-6 but I can play the Stargate CC on my brothers set so it does
    > work. Region 1 English.
    >
    > Rick

    Certain JVC problems have been known to not pass closed caption
    signals through to the TV. I encountered the same problem in 2002
    when I picked up a JVC player. I ran multiple DVDs, and none of the
    closed caption signals passed through. I returned it the next day for
    a Panasonic player, which passed all CC signals through perfectly.

    How is it that you've had the player for 3 years, but are now only
    noticing this problem? Did you just recently start using
    closed-captions?

    There's nothing you can do to the JVC to make it work. You'll need to
    buy a new player that passes CC signals through properly.

    This is why I now test any new player extensively within the 30-day
    return period. If the player has any problems, I'll return it and
    pick up another model.

    Lee
    limacharliewhiskey, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Rick

    Rick Guest

    "limacharliewhiskey" <> wrote in message
    > "Rick" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a Toshiba 27A33 TV which I bought in 2003 and a JVC XV-S45GD which
    >> bought 2001. I can play Closed Caption on Broadcast but not when I play
    >> DVD's but I can play subtitles. I can't play Subtitles or CC on my
    >> Stargate
    >> seasons 1-6 but I can play the Stargate CC on my brothers set so it does
    >> work. Region 1 English.
    >>
    >> Rick

    > Certain JVC problems have been known to not pass closed caption
    > signals through to the TV. I encountered the same problem in 2002
    > when I picked up a JVC player. I ran multiple DVDs, and none of the
    > closed caption signals passed through. I returned it the next day for
    > a Panasonic player, which passed all CC signals through perfectly.
    >
    > How is it that you've had the player for 3 years, but are now only
    > noticing this problem? Did you just recently start using
    > closed-captions?
    >
    > There's nothing you can do to the JVC to make it work. You'll need to
    > buy a new player that passes CC signals through properly.
    >
    > This is why I now test any new player extensively within the 30-day
    > return period. If the player has any problems, I'll return it and
    > pick up another model.
    >
    > Lee

    I've been watching allot of British shows and sometimes can't understand
    what their saying like the Sharps Rifles series and Stargate SG1. I'm just
    amazed that a big company like JVC would do something asinine.
    Rick, Oct 8, 2004