Cant ping wireless network card on windows 2k3 after installing DC

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by anonymous, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. anonymous

    anonymous Guest

    Wrong newsgroup

    couldnot ping the pc2 nor could pc2 ping pc1 nor was pc1
    able to surf the internet through pc2. The other settings
    were ok. The icon was also displaying icon in taskbar
    that the connection is there with good signal. I then
    checked the workgroups for both computers.

    >They were set to different workgroup names, after I

    changed both to "workgroup1" the communication was back
    and both computers could ping each other.

    >I then installed the domain controller and dns on

    windows 2k3, and after that strange things started to
    happen.

    >The pc1 can browse the internet through pc2, but none

    (pc1 or pc2) could ping each other. I dont understand
    this they are communicating but cant ping, only surf the
    internet.

    >Maybe the reason is that the pc2 is still member of

    workgroup and pc1 is now a domain and memmber of domain.
    But I cant even join the domain because their is no
    communication between these PC's.

    >I have also created a wireless policy in Domain

    security, and have also added the computer name in active
    directory. But the results are nothing.

    >I have searched the internet and almost spend 2 weeks

    with this but cant figure out whats wrong. I need help.

    anonymous, Jul 16, 2004