    get "request time out" and i get 100% packet droups.

    Is there anything i need to do in DC so that i can ping to this DC?
    ==============

    Rob, Aug 11, 2004

  2. "Rob" <-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > I have a domain controller set up in Windows 2003. It has AD
    > integrated zones. It has static IP address (204.254.4.67). Internally
    > i was able to ping on to DC as well as join computers into domains.
    > Name resolution also works ok internally. I am planning to use this
    > DC to host name server. But, when i ping to this DC from outside i
    > get "request time out" and i get 100% packet droups.
    >
    > Is there anything i need to do in DC so that i can ping to this DC?

    OMG

    Jeffrey M Perry, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Rob

    catwalker63 Guest

    -spam.invalid (Rob) prattled ceaslessly in

    > I have a domain controller set up in Windows 2003. It has AD
    > integrated zones. It has static IP address (204.254.4.67). Internally
    > i was able to ping on to DC as well as join computers into domains.
    > Name resolution also works ok internally. I am planning to use this
    > DC to host name server. But, when i ping to this DC from outside i
    > get "request time out" and i get 100% packet droups.
    >
    > Is there anything i need to do in DC so that i can ping to this DC?

    Can you ping Internet addresses from inside your network?

    --
    Kelley
    aka Catwalker

    "I hate the fact that you people don't salute me!"

    catwalker63, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Yes, I am able to ping internal and outside addresses from DC as well
    as client computers. I can surf on the net without any problem. Only
    that I can ping to DC from outside.
    ==============

    Rob, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Rob

    Jose Samuel Guest

    Register your domain name first ur IP must come from the registrar

    Jose Samuel, Aug 12, 2004
  6. Rob

    Dragon Guest

    Say what?

    Dragon, Aug 12, 2004
  7. Rob

    Dragon Guest

    If ping from outside world does not work, then try pong. Sometimes it works.
    If that doesn't work either then the sectors on your hard disk are of
    incorrect size. They are probably trapping the incoming ping bites. Delete
    the partition and re-create it.

    Dragon, Aug 12, 2004
  8. Rob

    Jose Samuel Guest

    did anyone tell you that you're a genuiASS!

    Jose Samuel, Aug 13, 2004
  9. Rob

    Dragon Guest

    If one doesn't know the ef'ing ABC of Servers, Firewalls, and Pings, may be
    they shouldn't try setting it up until they know a bit more.And how in the
    h3ll do they end up in an eM See eS eE group anyway?

    As for you, thanks for the compliment.

    Dragon, Aug 13, 2004