Can't open web page but redirected to another

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rajinder, Jul 17, 2009.

  1. Rajinder

    Rajinder Guest

    Hi,

    I have Google page and when I search for a site, then on clicking it opens
    another web site altogether leading to such pages:-

    http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/p-webcams-116901/logitech-quickcam-for-notebooks-8396159

    When I hit at back key, then I get this:-

    http://www.pieceofcakesearch.com/search?q=logitech quickcam

    However, if I double click at cached and I get the right web site:-

    http://209.85.135.132/search?q=cach...ech.com/ logitech&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&ie=UTF-8

    So, I have a bug that leads me astray and how to get rid of it? Is there a
    free debugging software that does not complicate the matter. I tried one
    for scanning and it keeps on asking to buy it.

    Many thanks.

    Rajinder Nijjhar

    Some time my signatures are faint and can't use them.

    Rajinder, Jul 17, 2009

  2. Rajinder

    ~BD~ Guest

    Malwarebytes is a site dedicated to fighting malware. Malwarebytes has
    developed a variety of tools that can identify and remove malicious
    software from your computer. When your computer becomes infected,
    Malwarebytes can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection
    and restore the machine back to optimum performance.

    Go here and download the *free* version http://www.malwarebytes.org/

    Then run a scan.

    Please report back your findings. Thanks.

    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Jul 17, 2009

  3. On 7/17/2009 7:42 PM, Rajinder wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Google page and when I search for a site, then on clicking it opens
    > another web site altogether leading to such pages:-
    >
    > http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/p-webcams-116901/logitech-quickcam-for-notebooks-8396159
    >
    > When I hit at back key, then I get this:-
    >
    > http://www.pieceofcakesearch.com/search?q=logitech quickcam
    >
    > However, if I double click at cached and I get the right web site:-
    >
    > http://209.85.135.132/search?q=cach...ech.com/ logitech&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&ie=UTF-8
    >
    > So, I have a bug that leads me astray and how to get rid of it? Is there a
    > free debugging software that does not complicate the matter. I tried one
    > for scanning and it keeps on asking to buy it.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Rajinder Nijjhar
    >
    > Some time my signatures are faint and can't use them.

    Scan your computer with HijackThis and check for the DNS servers. If
    your ISP has told you what DNS servers to use, just verify with that and
    search for those IP's in the log. If your router acts as the DNS server,
    see that you manually set it on the server. Use OpenDNS if your ISP DNS
    servers are crap.

    Diabolic Preacher
    As Is
    http://abusiveviews.wordpress.com

    Diabolic Preacher, Jul 17, 2009
  4. Rajinder

    VanguardLH Guest

    Rajinder wrote:

    > I have Google page and when I search for a site, then on clicking it opens
    > another web site altogether leading to such pages:-
    >
    > http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/p-webcams-116901/logitech-quickcam-for-notebooks-8396159
    >
    > When I hit at back key, then I get this:-
    >
    > http://www.pieceofcakesearch.com/search?q=logitech quickcam
    >
    > However, if I double click at cached and I get the right web site:-
    >
    > http://209.85.135.132/search?q=cach...ech.com/ logitech&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&ie=UTF-8
    >
    > So, I have a bug that leads me astray and how to get rid of it? Is there a
    > free debugging software that does not complicate the matter. I tried one
    > for scanning and it keeps on asking to buy it.

    In less than a day after reformatting your drive (and installing the OS
    and apps although you omitted to mention that), you are already
    infected. Well, since you just did an OS+app install, might as well
    flatten and rebuild again. Except this time be damn careful what apps
    you install.

    Stay away from the freeware and 3rd party stuff for now until you have a
    usable host with anti-virus and/or anti-malware programs from known GOOD
    sources (which would be the AV makers themselves) and which are updated.
    Until you get the security software installed, make sure the firewall is
    working and enabled in your router. Install all the service packs and
    updates after the last service pack for Windows. Then only install the
    commercialware apps and do an AV scan after each install. Then save a
    backup image to have a restorable state to which you can return your
    host.

    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Rajinder Nijjhar
    >
    > Some time my signatures are faint and can't use them.

    If that is going to be your signature now (since you used the same
    before) then actually make it a signature by placing the sigdash line
    ("-- ") in front of your signature. Otherwise, you do NOT have a
    signature but just some fluff you stuck into the *body* of your post.

    VanguardLH, Jul 17, 2009
  5. Rajinder

    chuckcar Guest

    "Rajinder" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Google page and when I search for a site, then on clicking it
    > opens another web site altogether leading to such pages:-

    Clicking *what* on the google page?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 17, 2009
  6. Rajinder

    Rajinder Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > Rajinder wrote:
    >
    >> I have Google page and when I search for a site, then on clicking it
    >> opens
    >> another web site altogether leading to such pages:-
    >>
    >> http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/p-webcams-116901/logitech-quickcam-for-notebooks-8396159
    >>
    >> When I hit at back key, then I get this:-
    >>
    >> http://www.pieceofcakesearch.com/search?q=logitech quickcam
    >>
    >> However, if I double click at cached and I get the right web site:-
    >>
    >> http://209.85.135.132/search?q=cach...ech.com/ logitech&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&ie=UTF-8
    >>
    >> So, I have a bug that leads me astray and how to get rid of it? Is there
    >> free debugging software that does not complicate the matter. I tried one
    >> for scanning and it keeps on asking to buy it.

    > In less than a day after reformatting your drive (and installing the OS
    > and apps although you omitted to mention that), you are already
    > infected. Well, since you just did an OS+app install, might as well
    > flatten and rebuild again. Except this time be damn careful what apps
    > you install.
    >
    > Stay away from the freeware and 3rd party stuff for now until you have a
    > usable host with anti-virus and/or anti-malware programs from known GOOD
    > sources (which would be the AV makers themselves) and which are updated.
    > Until you get the security software installed, make sure the firewall is
    > working and enabled in your router. Install all the service packs and
    > updates after the last service pack for Windows. Then only install the
    > commercialware apps and do an AV scan after each install. Then save a
    > backup image to have a restorable state to which you can return your
    > host.

    Thanks. I will try. Learning slowly.

    Rajinder

    Rajinder, Jul 18, 2009
  7. Rajinder

    ~BD~ Guest

    > In less than a day after reformatting your drive (and installing the
    > OS
    > and apps although you omitted to mention that), you are already
    > infected. Well, since you just did an OS+app install, might as well
    > flatten and rebuild again. Except this time be damn careful what apps
    > you install.
    >
    > Stay away from the freeware and 3rd party stuff for now until you have
    > usable host with anti-virus and/or anti-malware programs from known
    > GOOD
    > sources (which would be the AV makers themselves) and which are
    > updated.
    > Until you get the security software installed, make sure the firewall
    > is
    > working and enabled in your router. Install all the service packs and
    > updates after the last service pack for Windows. Then only install
    > the
    > commercialware apps and do an AV scan after each install. Then save a
    > backup image to have a restorable state to which you can return your
    > host.

    Hi Vanguard LH :)

    The OP did not question what you said, so I'm guessing it's true!

    Please help me to understand though. *How* did you know that Rajinder
    had recently flattened his machine?

    Thanks.

    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Jul 18, 2009
  8. richard, ye insane hackberry, you heedless jolthead and unmannered
    slave, ye screaked:

    > On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:12:37 +0100, "Rajinder"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have Google page and when I search for a site, then on clicking it
    >> opens another web site altogether leading to such pages:-
    >>
    >> http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/p-webcams-116901/logitech-quickcam-for-notebooks-8396159
    >>
    >> When I hit at back key, then I get this:-
    >>
    >> http://www.pieceofcakesearch.com/search?q=logitech quickcam
    >>
    >> However, if I double click at cached and I get the right web site:-
    >>
    >> http://209.85.135.132/search?q=cach...ech.com/ logitech&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&ie=UTF-8
    >>
    >> So, I have a bug that leads me astray and how to get rid of it? Is
    >> there a free debugging software that does not complicate the matter.
    >> I tried one for scanning and it keeps on asking to buy it.
    >>
    >> Many thanks.
    >>
    >> Rajinder Nijjhar
    >>
    >> Some time my signatures are faint and can't use them.
    >>

    > Not necessarily a bug but some idiot who thinks it's cool to get hits
    > using the stupidity of google.
    > I've seen numerous hits on various search results that wind up being
    > redirected to some where else. When that happens I just close out the
    > page and move on.
    >
    > It's not your fault. It's the fault of google itself. As the google
    > bot merely looks for the keywords you provide, it has no idea that the
    > "result" listed is legitimate or no.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

    You perpetual fuckwit, Bullis.

    Hu Flung Dung, Jul 18, 2009
  9. Rajinder

    ~BD~ Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > ~BD~ wrote:
    >> "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >>> In less than a day after reformatting your drive (and installing the
    >>> OS
    >>> and apps although you omitted to mention that), you are already
    >>> infected. Well, since you just did an OS+app install, might as well
    >>> flatten and rebuild again. Except this time be damn careful what
    >>> apps
    >>> you install.
    >>>
    >>> Stay away from the freeware and 3rd party stuff for now until you
    >>> have a
    >>> usable host with anti-virus and/or anti-malware programs from known
    >>> GOOD
    >>> sources (which would be the AV makers themselves) and which are
    >>> updated.
    >>> Until you get the security software installed, make sure the
    >>> firewall is
    >>> working and enabled in your router. Install all the service packs
    >>> and
    >>> updates after the last service pack for Windows. Then only install
    >>> the
    >>> commercialware apps and do an AV scan after each install. Then save
    >>> backup image to have a restorable state to which you can return your
    >>> host.
    >>>

    >> Hi Vanguard LH :)
    >>
    >> The OP did not question what you said, so I'm guessing it's true!
    >>
    >> Please help me to understand though. *How* did you know that Rajinder
    >> had recently flattened his machine?

    > Keep up with the messages on the group, okey dokey?

    Doh! Hangs head in shame!

    My apologies - early in the morning is my only real excuse! ;)
    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Jul 18, 2009
  10. Rajinder

    Rajinder Guest

    Hi,

    Most of the sites are working except Youtube when I get the same security
    warning. Can't understand.

    Rajinder

    Rajinder, Jul 18, 2009
  11. Rajinder

    VanguardLH Guest

    Rajinder wrote:

    > Most of the sites are working except Youtube when I get the same security
    > warning. Can't understand.

    You have not yet described a "security warning" (for you to get the same
    one at YouTube).

    VanguardLH, Jul 18, 2009
  12. Rajinder

    > Rajinder wrote:
    >
    >> Most of the sites are working except Youtube when I get the same security
    >> warning. Can't understand.

    > You have not yet described a "security warning" (for you to get the same
    > one at YouTube).

    I went to Mozilla Firefox and tried my luck but to no avail. The following
    security warning appears:-

    This Connection is Untrusted

    You have asked Firefox to connect
    securely to www.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is
    secure.

    Normally, when you try to connect securely,
    sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
    going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

    What Should I Do?

    If you usually connect to
    this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
    trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

    Technical Details

    www.google.com uses an invalid security certificate.

    The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
    The certificate is only valid for server57.domain.com.

    (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

    I Understand the Risks

    I do not understand this "server57.domain.com". It is sitting in the
    security site too.

    I did install a Java programme but unistalled it later.

    Rajinder

    Rajinder, Jul 19, 2009
  13. Rajinder <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<_%t8m.17889$m%2>:

    >"VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >> Rajinder wrote:
    >>
    >>> Most of the sites are working except Youtube when I get the same

    security
    >>> warning. Can't understand.

    >> You have not yet described a "security warning" (for you to get the

    same
    >> one at YouTube).

    >I went to Mozilla Firefox and tried my luck but to no avail. The

    following
    >security warning appears:-
    >

    >This Connection is Untrusted
    >
    >You have asked Firefox to connect
    >securely to www.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection

    is
    >secure.

    Just ignore it. Disable it by going into Options and turning off the
    warning for Site Certificates.

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 19, 2009
  14. Rajinder

    VanguardLH Guest

    Rajinder wrote:

    > "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >> Rajinder wrote:
    >>
    >>> Most of the sites are working except Youtube when I get the same security
    >>> warning. Can't understand.

    >> You have not yet described a "security warning" (for you to get the same
    >> one at YouTube).

    > I went to Mozilla Firefox and tried my luck but to no avail. The following
    > security warning appears:-
    >
    > This Connection is Untrusted
    >
    > You have asked Firefox to connect
    > securely to www.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is
    > secure.
    >
    > Normally, when you try to connect securely,
    > sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
    > going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
    >
    > What Should I Do?
    >
    > If you usually connect to
    > this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
    > trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.
    >
    > Technical Details
    >
    > www.google.com uses an invalid security certificate.
    >
    > The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
    > The certificate is only valid for server57.domain.com.
    >
    > (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)
    >
    > I Understand the Risks
    >
    > I do not understand this "server57.domain.com". It is sitting in the
    > security site too.
    >
    > I did install a Java programme but unistalled it later.
    >
    > Rajinder

    www.google.com does not use an SSL certificate. It is not an HTTPS
    page.

    You probably also can't get at Microsoft's Windows Update site,
    Symantec, and other security-related sites. The malware on your host is
    protecting itself.

    You'll have to eradicate the pest, or again flatten & rebuild but do so
    carefully this time.

    Just in case it is your ISP's DNS server that got poisoned, you could
    use an alternate by switching to OpenDNS. In the TCP/IP configuration,
    change to using the following 2 IP addresses for OpenDNS' DNS servers:

    208.67.222.222
    208.67.220.220

    VanguardLH, Jul 19, 2009