    the IP address of router to access configuration page.

    Thanks
    Tim

    t&k, Feb 18, 2007

  2. t&k

    mdp Guest

    t&k wrote:
    > I have a d-link 634m router using windows me and explorer 6.0 cannot
    > open the IP address of router to access configuration page.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tim

    What does "can't open" mean? Error message? What IP/address are you using
    and what does d-link 634m instructions say?

    mdp, Feb 18, 2007

  3. "t&k" <> wrote in

    > I have a d-link 634m router using windows me and
    > explorer 6.0 cannot open the IP address of router
    > to access configuration page.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tim

    It could be useful to know what error message or feedback you're getting on
    these failed attempts, especially to other users of d-Link products. Also,
    if you've tried to access it via ethernet connection or wirelessly.

    You could have a Windows ME connectivity problem.

    http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DI-624M

    The interesting thing here is that Windows ME is *not* an option.

    Presuming you've entered the IP address correctly, and you've checked to make
    sure your firewall is not blocking your attempts...

    http://192.168.0.1 (default)

    You could have had [a][some] malware and/or mal-tard attacks which could shut
    you down - especially if you've been out on P2P or a game site.

    You need to make sure you're flashed with the latest firmware...

    You may have to reset your router back to defaults, and then go through the
    drills of flashing the latest firmware and setting your preferences again.
    While you're out on the WWW, you could visit their support site and download
    both the latest firmware and a copy of the user's guide.

    --

    Happy Chinese Lunar New Year!

    Kung hei fat choy! Chinese New Year is on 18th February 2007.
    It is the Year of the Pig (or Boar).

    This year new is particularly special as it is
    The Year of the Golden Pig, when a Pig year combines
    with a Fire element year - this happens every 60 years
    and heralds an extremely lucky and prosperous year.
    The Chinese believe a child born this year
    will be blessed with a carefree, wealthy and loving life!

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 18, 2007
  4. t&k

    Mike Easter Guest

    t&k wrote:
    > I have a d-link 634m router using windows me and explorer 6.0 cannot
    > open the IP address of router to access configuration page.

    How about pinging its IP? What happens? Does it echo? How about using
    something 'simpler' like grc's idserve to see if the port 80 of the
    address will answer a call?

    http://www.grc.com/id/idserve.htm Simple Port Probe: ID Serve uses the
    standard Windows TCP protocol when attempting to connect to a remote
    server and port.

    .... and the idserve doesn't require any install, just run it.

    I've had dysfunctional network problems in which the pinging and idserve
    work and the browser accessing doesn't.

    I've also had a b0rken router which didn't have a visible port at
    192.168.1.1 - so it couldn't be firmware flashed back to life.

    The/Your DI-634M address is 192.168.0.1 -- the manual sez
    troubleshooting for not configuration connecting is to check the
    ethernet LED and to ping it. Are you trying to connect wirelessly or
    wired? If I were having trouble, I would try to be accessing wired.

    You actually have troubleshooting considerations on both ends, your
    computer and your router. Your computer's end has to have a properly
    functioning network and a properly functioning network card, wired
    and/or wirelss. Your router's end has to have its LEDs in the right
    appearance, see p 8 of the manual.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 18, 2007
  5. t&k

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > t&k wrote:
    >> I have a d-link 634m router using windows me and explorer 6.0 cannot
    >> open the IP address of router to access configuration page.

    > the manual sez
    > troubleshooting for not configuration connecting is to check the
    > ethernet LED and to ping it.

    Dlink has a trouble page here
    http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=979&question=configuration
    Why canĀ“t I access the web-based configuration for my D-Link router,
    print server, or access point?

    .... that page is more extensive than the manual's.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 18, 2007
  6. Do you have the router hard-wired into the first connection port on the
    router?

    If so, try re-installing the Router Software, possibly corrupted software on
    your machine's end.

    If it still doesn't work, try using another machine to connect to it, if it
    still doesn't work then it may be faulty.

    Daniel Anderson, Feb 18, 2007