Can't Open RAR files - PAR check ok, SFV check ok

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Your name, May 9, 2005.

  1. Your name

    Your name Guest

    Downloaded 70 rar files from alt.bainaries.games thorough Easynews
    on a broadbroad connection.

    Checked the files with the PAR file and said all files were complete.

    Checked the files with the SFV file and said all files were complete.

    Opened with WINRAR 4.2 but it wouldn't open.

    All I got was a CUE file. The message window said many of the files

    were corrupted.

    NOW WHAT.

    Your name, May 9, 2005

  2. Your name

    gangle Guest

    I have never heard of WinRar 4.2. Do you mean 3.42?
    Anyway, if the par files were corrupt when formed,
    then the par and sfv files generated by those files
    would only see as corrupt any DEVIATION from the
    original files. So, it sounds like the Rar files are,
    indeed, corrupt (improperly generated), and you are
    simply out of luck. Also, check on the newsgroup to
    see if other people have had the same problem to
    verify that it is not peculiar to only you.

    "Your name" wrote

    gangle, May 9, 2005

  3. Your name

    Unk Guest

    On 9 May 2005 01:26:32 -0500, Your name <> wrote:

    >Downloaded 70 rar files from alt.bainaries.games thorough Easynews
    >on a broadbroad connection.
    >
    >Checked the files with the PAR file and said all files were complete.
    >
    >Checked the files with the SFV file and said all files were complete.
    >
    >Opened with WINRAR 4.2 but it wouldn't open.
    >
    >All I got was a CUE file. The message window said many of the files
    >
    >were corrupted.
    >
    >NOW WHAT.

    Burn it to a CD.
    http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_usingnero_bincue.php

    Unk, May 9, 2005
  4. Your name

    Unk Guest

    On 9 May 2005 01:26:32 -0500, Your name <> wrote:

    >Downloaded 70 rar files from alt.bainaries.games thorough Easynews
    >on a broadbroad connection.
    >
    >Checked the files with the PAR file and said all files were complete.
    >
    >Checked the files with the SFV file and said all files were complete.
    >
    >Opened with WINRAR 4.2 but it wouldn't open.
    >
    >All I got was a CUE file. The message window said many of the files
    >
    >were corrupted.

    Before you burn it, view the CUE file with IsoBuster http://www.isobuster.com/ to see
    if there is anything useful in it.

    Unk, May 9, 2005