cant open notepad, gives application error.

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by im_prad, Aug 2, 2008.

  1. im_prad

    im_prad

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    :oops: I am facing this strange issue:-( that I cant launch notepad and I get the application error as you can see in the pic below:-

    http://cid-7dd6f65edce61d83.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/ScreenShots--Etc/Notepad--Etc/notepad.exe1.JPG

    please help.

    Cheers,

    Prad.

    P.S.:-

    :guru: I even noticed that the issue and the error essage is not just there with the ntead aplication but with few other essential windows components:-
    e.g:-

    a.) add/rem programs in CP
    http://cid-7dd6f65edce61d83.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/ScreenShots--Etc/Notepad--Etc/Add--rem%20programs--Control%20Panel--1.JPG

    b.) User a/c in CP
    http://cid-7dd6f65edce61d83.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/ScreenShots--Etc/Notepad--Etc/User%20Accounts--Control%20Panel--1.JPG

    c.) Security center in CP
    http://cid-7dd6f65edce61d83.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/ScreenShots--Etc/Notepad--Etc/Security%20Center--Control%20Panel--1.JPG

    I am posting a small clip to exemlify this issue:-

    http://cid-7dd6f65edce61d83.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/ScreenShots--Etc/Notepad--Etc/Error%20message--Application%20failed%20to%20run--1.exe

    :smoking:

    Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
    im_prad, Aug 2, 2008