    I get images with .jpg extension but they show the box but no image. How
    could I see the images on the internet email please?

    Rajinder

    Chaudhry Nijjhar, May 1, 2007

  2. Chaudhry Nijjhar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I get images with .jpg extension but they show the box but no image. How
    > could I see the images on the internet email please?

    If, as I suspect, you are using Outlook Express, get down off the
    elephant and click Tools > Options > and poke around in there. There may
    something under Security you'd want to change.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 1, 2007

  3. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    ellis_jay Guest

    Chaudhry Nijjhar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I get images with .jpg extension but they show the box but no image.
    > How could I see the images on the internet email please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    OE6? Just surmising at best that you would want to open OE6 then
    click :
    --->tools--->options--->security tab--->uncheck do not open
    attachments--->apply--->ok---close

    Then after doing your thing with the pictures I would advice to put your
    checkmark back in the "do not allow..." box until you need to use the
    option once more, for security sake.

    --
    When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
    not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, May 1, 2007
  4. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    thanatoid Guest

    "Chaudhry Nijjhar" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I get images with .jpg extension but they show the box but
    > no image. How could I see the images on the internet email
    > please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    You should be aware that a hacker with a rather good sense of
    humor made a virus which can be embedded in jpg images a few
    years ago. Wherever they come from, I suggest you open them in
    some other image application - needless to say, the virus ONLY
    works WITHIN Outlook Express. (Supposedly there is a fix on the
    Microsoft website,)

    You might consider switching to a less dangerous and problematic
    web/mailing applications. Google or read last few months of
    posts here
    or anywhere else similar.

    thanatoid, May 1, 2007
  5. "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "Chaudhry Nijjhar" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I get images with .jpg extension but they show the box but
    >> no image. How could I see the images on the internet email
    >> please?
    >>
    >> Rajinder

    > You should be aware that a hacker with a rather good sense of
    > humor made a virus which can be embedded in jpg images a few
    > years ago. Wherever they come from, I suggest you open them in
    > some other image application - needless to say, the virus ONLY
    > works WITHIN Outlook Express. (Supposedly there is a fix on the
    > Microsoft website,)
    >
    > You might consider switching to a less dangerous and problematic
    > web/mailing applications. Google or read last few months of
    > posts here
    > or anywhere else similar.
    >

    > --
    > Disagreements and the usual insults expected and welcomed.

    Hi,

    Thanks for warning me as I am not well versed in internet and viruses. I
    have NTL virus programme. Would that work in case I get a virus please?

    Rajinder

    Chaudhry Nijjhar, May 2, 2007
  6. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    thanatoid Guest

    "Chaudhry Nijjhar" <> wrote in

    > "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    >> "Chaudhry Nijjhar" <> wrote
    >> in news:y6CZh.1003$:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I get images with .jpg extension but they show the box
    >>> but no image. How could I see the images on the internet
    >>> email please?
    >>>
    >>> Rajinder

    >> You should be aware that a hacker with a rather good sense
    >> of humor made a virus which can be embedded in jpg images
    >> a few years ago. Wherever they come from, I suggest you
    >> open them in some other image application - needless to
    >> say, the virus ONLY works WITHIN Outlook Express.
    >> (Supposedly there is a fix on the Microsoft website,)
    >>
    >> You might consider switching to a less dangerous and
    >> problematic web/mailing applications. Google or read last
    >> few months of posts here
    >> or anywhere else similar.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Disagreements and the usual insults expected and welcomed.

    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for warning me as I am not well versed in internet
    > and viruses. I have NTL virus programme. Would that work
    > in case I get a virus please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    You're welcome.

    If by "NTL virus programme" you mean the anti-virus application
    that your internet provider uses to scan everything that passes
    through their servers, it is better than nothing but I don't
    know anyone who would ONLY rely on that. Also, NO a-v program
    catches 100%. That's a fact. Paranoid people sometimes have 2 or
    3 a-v programs installed, plus 1 or 2 anti-spyware programs.

    Many people have had good results with Kaspersky and AVG. For
    spyware use "spybot-search & destroy".

    Good behavior is the most important. DON'T use IE/OE *at all*
    (use Opera or Firefox) and use Xnews for newsgroups and whatever
    you want for email (Google).

    Never click on anything you are not 100000% sure of and never
    run downloaded programs or open attachments without scanning
    them first.

    There are newsgroups about all this stuff where you can find out
    more. Or Google "anti-virus" and "anti-spyware".

    Good luck.

    thanatoid, May 2, 2007
  7. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 02 May 2007 17:27:32 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

    > If by "NTL virus programme" you mean the anti-virus application
    > that your internet provider uses to scan everything that passes
    > through their servers,

    No, it's some sort of security suite NTL supply on the setup CD. Never
    used it with a Win box (always Avast, Sygate PF, Spybot S&D etc.) and
    never heard anyone review it.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, May 2, 2007
  8. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    thanatoid Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 02 May 2007 17:27:32 +0000, thanatoid wrote:
    >

    >> If by "NTL virus programme" you mean the anti-virus
    >> application that your internet provider uses to scan
    >> everything that passes through their servers,

    > No, it's some sort of security suite NTL supply on the
    > setup CD. Never used it with a Win box (always Avast,
    > Sygate PF, Spybot S&D etc.) and never heard anyone review
    > it.

    Thanks for clarifying.

    thanatoid, May 3, 2007