Can't open Internet Explorer.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chaudhry.Nijjhar, Nov 16, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I happen to take the IE off my computer and tried to restore on a back dated
    but still can't open the Internet Explorer. It starts downloading and after
    some icons appear, it shuts itself down.

    Could I download from internet by putting in the link at Run box please?
    Could some one send me the link please so that I can copy and place it in
    the run box please?

    Many thanks. I use XP Pro and inserted the disc but it did not work. Any
    other suggestion please?

    --
    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar

    I use Win XP Professional. Intel

    Any other information needed please?

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinder.nijjhar/sikhism.htm
    http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=nijjhar1

    Chaudhry.Nijjhar, Nov 16, 2008

  2. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 16:04:06 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I happen to take the IE off my computer and tried to restore on a back dated
    >but still can't open the Internet Explorer. It starts downloading and after
    >some icons appear, it shuts itself down.
    >
    >Could I download from internet by putting in the link at Run box please?

    Depends. If IE is your default browser, no. That will simply open your
    default browser.

    >Many thanks. I use XP Pro and inserted the disc but it did not work.

    You generally have to do more than just 'insert the disc'. What did
    you do?

    >Any other suggestion please?

    You have another browser?

    Evan Platt, Nov 16, 2008

  3. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:08:25 +0200, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
    <> wrote:

    I've reported a number of abuse issues to dizum. No reply. Welcome to
    my bitbucket. I'd like to introduce you to google groups. You two will
    get along great.

    Evan Platt, Nov 16, 2008
  4. Hi,

    I do not have another Browser please.

    Rajinder

    Chaudhry.Nijjhar, Nov 16, 2008
  5. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I do not have another Browser please.

    Thanks.

    Cork Soaker, Nov 16, 2008
  6. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:28:09 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I do not have another Browser please.

    You'll need to download another browser on another computer, put it on
    a CD, then install it on this computer. Or, reinstall XP.

    Evan Platt, Nov 16, 2008
  7. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    John Holmes Guest

    Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I've reported a number of abuse issues to dizum. No reply

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Pissing myself fucking laughing. Abuse sent to
    dizum.com,eh? No reply, eh? You are such a useless fucking drug addict
    ****, you'd have to commit suicide on the spot, you totally fucking
    moron. You have no fucking clue what's going on around your totally
    useless brain. The only reason why I didn't plonk you is that I don't
    want to miss your totally fucked-up retarded replies, giving me (amongst
    others) a good laughter.

    <aside> you clueless moron.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Nov 16, 2008
  8. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    John Holmes Guest

    Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:28:09 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I do not have another Browser please.

    > You'll need to download another browser on another computer, put it on
    > a CD, then install it on this computer. Or, reinstall XP.

    You're a fucking idiot, Evan.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Nov 16, 2008
  9. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    JAMES Guest

    JAMES, Nov 17, 2008
  10. John Holmes <> wrote in

    > Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> I've reported a number of abuse issues to dizum. No reply

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Pissing myself fucking laughing. Abuse sent to
    > dizum.com,eh? No reply, eh? You are such a useless fucking drug addict
    > ****, you'd have to commit suicide on the spot, you totally fucking
    > moron. You have no fucking clue what's going on around your totally
    > useless brain. The only reason why I didn't plonk you is that I don't
    > want to miss your totally fucked-up retarded replies, giving me (amongst
    > others) a good laughter.
    >
    > <aside> you clueless moron.

    For "quicker" results a disturbed Peepee-Pants
    should just snitch 'em out to news:alt.abuse

    That should get some action! <TIC>

    --

    I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got milk. (|^;

    http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2008/11/6haynes.html

    Repent, the end is near! So... smoke'em if you got'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 17, 2008
  11. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-11-16, Chaudhry.Nijjhar <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I happen to take the IE off my computer

    Getting IE out of Windows isn't something you can 'just happen' to do. So
    I suspect that you haven't done anthing of the sort. If you actually
    knew how to remove IE, then you woouldn't be asking here how to get it
    back.

    Just on the off-chance that you haven't tried it yet, try shutting down
    your computer and then re-starting it.

    If you really /have/ managed to remove IE then there's a good chance
    you've messed up the system so thoroughly that the quickest repair may
    well be to re-install Windows from scratch, or try to restore to the
    factory-fresh state if all you have is a 'repair' disc from the computer
    builder.

    > and tried to restore on a back dated
    > but still can't open the Internet Explorer. It starts downloading and after
    > some icons appear, it shuts itself down.

    What starts downloading? What icons? Do you get any error messages? How
    do you 'open' IE?

    > Could I download from internet by putting in the link at Run box please?
    > Could some one send me the link please so that I can copy and place it in
    > the run box please?

    If you've removed IE and haven't got any other browser working, how do you
    expect to download anything from anywhere?

    Someone who's actually used WinXP might correct me if I'm wrong, but I
    think the command to run IE is

    iexplore.exe

    but if that file is corrupted then you're out of luck.

    > Many thanks. I use XP Pro and inserted the disc but it did not work. Any
    > other suggestion please?

    Sounds to me as though you need to take the computer to a computer repair
    shop and get them to 'fix' it.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Nov 17, 2008