    What shall I do to put it right to the original settings?

    I used XP Pro.

    Rajinder
    Rajinder Nijjhar, Aug 11, 2009

  2. "Tocino8r" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <bemgm.173647$2>,
    > "Rajinder Nijjhar" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> In my computer, I used to see the drives as yellow coloured like those of
    >> the folders but now they are looking black. When I click them, they take
    >> me
    >> to browser search page instead of the documents.
    >>
    >> If I right lick the drive or main folders, then press open, it would
    >> open.
    >> What shall I do to put it right to the original settings?
    >>
    >> I used XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Rajinder

    > switch to a Macintosh

    Thanks.

    Rajinder
    Rajinder Nijjhar, Aug 11, 2009

  3. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:26:13 +0100, Rajinder Nijjhar wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In my computer, I used to see the drives as yellow coloured like those
    > of the folders but now they are looking black. When I click them, they
    > take me to browser search page instead of the documents.
    >
    > If I right lick the drive or main folders, then press open, it would
    > open. What shall I do to put it right to the original settings?

    You'll need to format your hard drive. Might even be good to do it twice.

    > I used XP Pro.

    Not a good thing to do.

    Need help? -- http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
    Get a job! -- http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/republican.jpg
    Dan C, Aug 12, 2009
  4. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Buffalo Guest

    Tocino8r wrote:
    >>> Rajinder

    > switch to a Macintosh

    If you are a typical Mac user, you really do them a mis=favor by replying
    like that.
    Jerk!!
    PS: You do no good, just harm

    Do yourself a favor and have yourself fixed so that you will not propagate.
    Buffalo, Aug 12, 2009
  5. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Buffalo Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:26:13 +0100, Rajinder Nijjhar wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> In my computer, I used to see the drives as yellow coloured like
    >> those of the folders but now they are looking black. When I click
    >> them, they take me to browser search page instead of the documents.
    >>
    >> If I right lick the drive or main folders, then press open, it would
    >> open. What shall I do to put it right to the original settings?

    > You'll need to format your hard drive. Might even be good to do it
    > twice.
    >
    >> I used XP Pro.

    > Not a good thing to do.

    Another A-Hole response by Dan C.
    Buffalo, Aug 12, 2009
  6. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:41:12 -0600, Buffalo wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:
    >> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:26:13 +0100, Rajinder Nijjhar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> In my computer, I used to see the drives as yellow coloured like those
    >>> of the folders but now they are looking black. When I click them,
    >>> they take me to browser search page instead of the documents.
    >>>
    >>> If I right lick the drive or main folders, then press open, it would
    >>> open. What shall I do to put it right to the original settings?

    >> You'll need to format your hard drive. Might even be good to do it
    >> twice.
    >>
    >>> I used XP Pro.

    >> Not a good thing to do.

    > Another A-Hole response by Dan C.

    It's the correct response to his problem, and you know it.

    Bugger off, dimwit.

    Dan C, Aug 12, 2009
  7. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Buffalo Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    >> Another A-Hole response by Dan C.

    > It's the correct response to his problem, and you know it.
    >
    > Bugger off, dimwit.

    Still clueless and still an adolesent jerk.
    Go play with yourself: then see if a format works. :)
    Buffalo, Aug 12, 2009
  8. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:30:37 -0600, Buffalo wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:
    >>> Another A-Hole response by Dan C.

    >> It's the correct response to his problem, and you know it.
    >>
    >> Bugger off, dimwit.

    > Still clueless and still an adolesent jerk.

    Nope, and not even close.

    > Go play with yourself: then see if a format works. :)

    I know it works.

    Bugger off, dimwit.

    Dan C, Aug 12, 2009
  9. Rajinder Nijjhar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In my computer, I used to see the drives as yellow coloured like those of
    > the folders but now they are looking black. When I click them, they take me
    > to browser search page instead of the documents.
    >
    > If I right lick the drive or main folders, then press open, it would open.
    > What shall I do to put it right to the original settings?
    >
    > I used XP Pro.
    >
    > Rajinder

    Lucky you have great backups, don't you?

    Restore Windows to an earlier point when it worked and then restore your
    files.
    Caulfield Man, Aug 12, 2009
  10. On 8/12/2009 3:56 AM, Rajinder Nijjhar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In my computer, I used to see the drives as yellow coloured like those of
    > the folders but now they are looking black. When I click them, they take me
    > to browser search page instead of the documents.
    >
    > If I right lick the drive or main folders, then press open, it would open.
    > What shall I do to put it right to the original settings?
    >
    > I used XP Pro.
    >
    > Rajinder

    Don't drives have those disk icons? They may be black because the icon
    cache maybe corrupt. I only remeber TweakUI having a fixup tool for
    that. As for browser search page opening, nowadays, its advisable to not
    have any default action or autorun enabled for root folders of drives.
    Run an anti-malware scan to see if your machine is infected. Worse comes
    to worst, you might have to follow Dan C's advise...but twice? I'm not
    so sure. :)

    --
    Diabolic Preacher
    As Is
    Diabolic Preacher, Aug 12, 2009
  11. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Dan B Guest

    "Rajinder Nijjhar" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    >
    > In my computer, I used to see the drives as yellow coloured like those of
    > the folders but now they are looking black. When I click them, they take
    > me to browser search page instead of the documents.
    >
    > If I right lick the drive or main folders, then press open, it would open.
    > What shall I do to put it right to the original settings?
    >
    > I used XP Pro.
    >
    > Rajinder

    Stop eating garlic and curry and the problem will go away.
    Dan B, Aug 12, 2009
  12. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Guest

    "Rajinder Nijjhar" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >In my computer, I used to see the drives as yellow coloured like those of
    >the folders but now they are looking black. When I click them, they take me
    >to browser search page instead of the documents.

    Now that's a problem.

    Reboot.

    If that doesn't work:

    I'd run a restore as mentioned
    (WinKey+R) or the run command in the menu and type in:
    %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    <enter>

    If that doesn't work I'd run a repair install:

    Run the second repair as mentioned in the link - and none of your data
    will be lost. The only thing drawing you closer to Dan C, is you will
    need all the updates since your last Service Pack, as you will be
    asked for them.

    I use the Repair install, it works. But I also have my autoupdates
    disabled so that it will.

    If you haven't installed SP3 now's your chance
    www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Signatures-Updates/Windows-XP-SP3.shtml
    then you will need to slipstream it
    www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/Slipstreaming_Windows_XP_Service_Pack_3.html
    Lot of work, that all depends upon what type of XP CD you have.

    Run Hijackthis and see what the results are http://hijackthis.de/en

    Then there's http://tinyurl.com/mj9fee (Google list of Registry
    Recovery programs) - which would be a last resort, and Dan C's turn.

    But after running all your malware programs (and coming up clean) It
    could be something simple, that shutting down your computer for the
    night might fix (clear out the Sram and cool down).

    Good luck.

    --

    I stood here for a while this morning; nothing happened.
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6845/i1usr.jpg
  13. Rajinder Nijjhar <> pinched out a
    steaming pile of<bemgm.173647$2>:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In my computer, I used to see the drives as yellow coloured like

    those of
    > the folders but now they are looking black. When I click them, they

    take me
    > to browser search page instead of the documents.
    >
    > If I right lick the drive or main folders, then press open, it would

    open.
    > What shall I do to put it right to the original settings?
    >
    > I used XP Pro.
    >
    > Rajinder

    Look in the Control Panel for a icon marked "themes" or "appearance"
    and change it to "Playskool bright".

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 12, 2009