    If there is a password preventing viewing the folder contents, how to I get
    into the folder. I've tried a command shell and can't set the directory to
    the Q:\ drive .
    02befree, Aug 19, 2006

  2. 02befree

    Toolman Tim Guest

    02befree wrote:
    > Trying to retrieve data from a notebook drive running XP Home.
    > Connected via USB/IDE to my Win2K machine and I can see all the data
    > fine. One of the 4 profile folders in Documents and Settings won't
    > open. The others will and I retrieved the My Documents folder etc
    > fine from them. When I click on the problem folder is get an error:
    > Q:\Documents and Settings\Lisa is not accessible. Access is denied.
    > Is this most likely a password problem, or related to the hard drive
    > failure problem. CHKDSK detected several bad clusters and replaced
    > them during a scan.
    >
    > If there is a password preventing viewing the folder contents, how to
    > I get into the folder. I've tried a command shell and can't set the
    > directory to the Q:\ drive .

    Do you have an account on both machines with the same user name? Did you run
    XP's Home Network Setup Wizard? Have you checked firewall settings?

    Toolman Tim, Aug 19, 2006

  3. 02befree

    old man Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421/en-us
    maybe

    old man, Aug 19, 2006
  4. 02befree

    02befree Guest

    Sorry, I didn't make this very clear maybe. I took the problem drive out of
    the notebook and connected it to my Win2K machine as a USB Hard Drive.

    02befree, Aug 19, 2006
  5. 02befree

    William Guest

    Follow http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268019/en-us then.