    --
    WinMe, Moz 1.7.5, all profiles: GoogleBar, PrefBar, CopyURL, IEView, ,,, and??? some bugmenot.jar, sage.jar. Usually java off,
    js on. Might GoogleBar be "mergeable" with an (added) src chooser in PrefBar (v. 3.0, build date 20041224)?
    Splibbilla, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Splibbilla wrote:
    > tried google:
    > mozilla "manage bookmarks" won't | can't open menu
    >

    > Bookmarks >>"Manage Bookmarks"or
    > Tools >> "Switch Profiles"
    > i can pull down menus and click on either command, but there's no apparent response.
    >
    > this occurs in more than one profile (in all profiles AFAIK).

    Looking at your sig, do you have the same set of extensions installed in
    every profile? Have you tried testing with a brand new, clean, no
    extensions, no third party themes, profile?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Splibbilla

    Splibbilla Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> in

    > Looking at your sig, do you have the same set of extensions installed
    > in every profile?

    wiht 1.7.3, i kept more ext in separate rpofiles. i was experimenting more, too.

    >Have you tried testing with a brand new, clean, no
    > extensions, no third party themes, profile?

    one has the 'modern' theme. i hardly ever open that profile.

    > Lee

    i wish a newer stalbe ver was avail, but i'm going to reinstall 1.7.5 now.

    another symptom noticed:
    Hmm.. also mouse click on selected text should show:
    Web search for "Selected Text...
    But nothing happens.

    And nothing happens if I hold down shift key while clicking that command. (Moz should open google search in a new tab or
    window)

    thanks.

    Splibbilla, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Splibbilla wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones <> in
    >

    >>Looking at your sig, do you have the same set of extensions installed
    >>in every profile?

    > wiht 1.7.3, i kept more ext in separate rpofiles. i was experimenting more, too.
    >

    >>Have you tried testing with a brand new, clean, no
    >>extensions, no third party themes, profile?

    > one has the 'modern' theme. i hardly ever open that profile.
    >

    >>Lee

    > i wish a newer stalbe ver was avail, but i'm going to reinstall 1.7.5 now.
    >
    > another symptom noticed:
    > Hmm.. also mouse click on selected text should show:
    > Web search for "Selected Text...
    > But nothing happens.
    >
    > And nothing happens if I hold down shift key while clicking that command. (Moz should open google search in a new tab or
    > window)
    >

    > thanks.

    Let me be more direct :)

    Create a new profile, with no extensions, no themes, no nothing that
    doesn't come right out of the box. Test. Do you still have the problem
    opening Extensions Manager.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Splibbilla

    Splibbilla Guest

    Splibbilla <> in news:Xns960BAC39485167@64.85.239.19:

    > reinstall 1.7.5

    worked. aprently the last time i updated (to 1.7.5), i decided to tediously configure options *separately* for each profile. So
    after this reinstall of Moz and Extensions, i see my settings are still good *and* profiles are in the custom win folder locations.
    :)

    In January, i had quite a battle to get my prefbar adds into all profiles. It involved manaully editing an RDF file, and further
    battering while each Moz profile was running. But all of the prefbar customizations still show up after today's reinstall.

    --
    WinMe, Moz1.7.5Gecko/20041217, all profiles: GoogleBar/XPI-rimental,PrefBar,bugmenot,,, and???CopyURL, IEView. Usually
    java off, js on. Could GoogleBar "merge" with (added) SrcChooser in PrefBar? (v. 3.1, build date 20050208)
    Splibbilla, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Splibbilla

    Splibbilla Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> in news:VtPUd.88243$:

    > Extensions Manager.

    i think only firefox has ext mgr dialog:
    q=%22Extensions+Manager%22+-Firefox+&sitesearch=mozilla.org

    http://www.google.com/custom?cof=AWFID:9262c37cefe23a86;L:http://www.mozilla.org/images%
    2Fmlogosm.gif%3BLH%3A60%3BLW%3A174%3BBGC%3Awhite%3BT%3A%23000000%3BLC%3A%23990000%3BVLC%3A
    %23800080%3BALC%3A%230000ff%3BGALT%3A%23666633%3BGFNT%3A%23808080%3BGIMP%3A%23cc0000%3BDIV%
    3A%23990000%3BLBGC%3Awhite%3BAH%3Acenter%3B&domains=mozilla.org&q=%22Extensions+Manager%22+-
    Firefox+&sitesearch=mozilla.org

    when i'm on one computer using ff, or on the other computer using moz, i sometimes find myself wondering if a certain aspect
    exists in the *other* gecko :)

    ( but anyway or either way.... in the hour between your post and me seeing your post, i posted that an over-install worked. )
    Splibbilla, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Splibbilla wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones <> in news:VtPUd.88243$:
    >

    >>Extensions Manager.

    > i think only firefox has ext mgr dialog:
    > q=%22Extensions+Manager%22+-Firefox+&sitesearch=mozilla.org
    >

    > http://www.google.com/custom?cof=AWFID:9262c37cefe23a86;L:http://www.mozilla.org/images%
    > 2Fmlogosm.gif%3BLH%3A60%3BLW%3A174%3BBGC%3Awhite%3BT%3A%23000000%3BLC%3A%23990000%3BVLC%3A
    > %23800080%3BALC%3A%230000ff%3BGALT%3A%23666633%3BGFNT%3A%23808080%3BGIMP%3A%23cc0000%3BDIV%
    > 3A%23990000%3BLBGC%3Awhite%3BAH%3Acenter%3B&domains=mozilla.org&q=%22Extensions+Manager%22+-
    > Firefox+&sitesearch=mozilla.org
    >
    > when i'm on one computer using ff, or on the other computer using moz, i sometimes find myself wondering if a certain aspect
    > exists in the *other* gecko :)
    >

    > ( but anyway or either way.... in the hour between your post and me seeing your post, i posted that an over-install worked. )

    I'm sorry. You're snipping so much I just can't keep track of this. I
    do look at hundreds of support requests in a day, and its hard to keep
    them all in the front of my mind.

    Still, you seem to have it working, so on to the next.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 1, 2005