    using outlook Express 6. Can anybody point me to a fix.

    Thanks for looking

    Jamie.
    belmont5, Oct 2, 2003

  2. belmont5

    Ant Guest

    I Outlook, go to Tools, Options, Security, and remove the tick from the box
    that says, Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could be
    potentially a virus.

    HTH.

    "belmont5" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, in the last couple of days I have received email attachments which I

    was

    Ant, Oct 2, 2003

  3. belmont5

    Stevo Guest

    belmont5 wrote:
    > Hi, in the last couple of days I have received email attachments
    > which I was expecting, problem is I can't open them as they appear
    > greyed out. I am using outlook Express 6. Can anybody point me to a
    > fix.
    >
    > Thanks for looking
    >
    > Jamie.

    What's the bet that you updated Internet Explorer/Outlook Express recently??

    Thought of having a look under Tools | Options?

    No.. well try that, go to the Security page and look at the options
    available to you.. the "Do not allow attachments... " one could be a
    clue..

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Oct 2, 2003
  4. belmont5

    Patrick Guest

    belmont5 wrote:
    > Hi, in the last couple of days I have received email attachments
    > which I was expecting, problem is I can't open them as they appear
    > greyed out. I am using outlook Express 6. Can anybody point me to a
    > fix.
    >
    > Thanks for looking
    >
    > Jamie.

    Goto to link below and scroll to bottom of page;

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-gb;winxpfaq

    or if above link dosen't work then use link below;

    http://tinyurl.com/osvp
    Patrick, Oct 2, 2003
  5. belmont5

    Plato Guest

    Stevo wrote:

    > What's the bet that you updated Internet Explorer/Outlook Express recently??

    100% ?
    Plato, Oct 3, 2003
  6. belmont5

    Plato Guest