    asssociation or process can I use to open it? I am running Win 98.

    TIA

    Terry
    TGS, Jan 4, 2005

  2. TGS

    dadiOH Guest

    TGS wrote:
    > I am using Outlook Express 6. An asspciate keeps sending me files in
    > Notepad. Well, when i open it, it is a MESS that is un readible.
    > What asssociation or process can I use to open it? I am running Win
    > 98.

    What makes you think they were written with Notepad? Tried Word?

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
    dadiOH, Jan 4, 2005

  3. TGS

    george Guest

    Windows 98 assosiates many files containing coding such as "a bunch of
    gibberish" that don't contain a extension or were made on a macintosh
    computer. Old versions of windows such as 98 and 95, can't read files
    that don't contain the three letter extensions, ex. ".txt". I would
    find out what the program that wrote it was by doing a google search of
    the extension and then find a program that can run that file. I don't
    even think that the file that you are opening is even a text file. The
    file also could be containing a virus, scan it for a virus.

    chris

    george, Jan 4, 2005
  4. TGS

    TGS Guest

    The extension is in Notepad with ".efx". as file type. It (file) won't
    open in Word or Word Perfect.

    Thanks again,
    Terry

    TGS, Jan 4, 2005
  5. TGS

    Brian Guest

    "TGS" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > The extension is in Notepad with ".efx". as file type. It (file)

    won't
    > open in Word or Word Perfect.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Terry
    >

    > "george" <> wrote in message
    > > Windows 98 assosiates many files containing coding such as "a bunch of
    > > gibberish" that don't contain a extension or were made on a macintosh
    > > computer. Old versions of windows such as 98 and 95, can't read files
    > > that don't contain the three letter extensions, ex. ".txt". I would
    > > find out what the program that wrote it was by doing a google search of
    > > the extension and then find a program that can run that file. I don't
    > > even think that the file that you are opening is even a text file. The
    > > file also could be containing a virus, scan it for a virus.
    > >

    > > chris
    > >

    > > TGS wrote:
    > > > I am using Outlook Express 6. An asspciate keeps sending me files

    > > in
    > > > Notepad. Well, when i open it, it is a MESS that is un readible.

    > > What
    > > > asssociation or process can I use to open it? I am running Win 98.
    > > >
    > > > TIA
    > > >
    > > > Terry

    he's sending you a faxed document.

    try to open it with acrobat reader or go here:

    http://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/page/download?rqcp=1
    Brian, Jan 4, 2005
  6. TGS

    mAineAc Guest

    TGS wrote:
    > The extension is in Notepad with ".efx". as file type. It (file) won't
    > open in Word or Word Perfect.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Terry
    >

    > "george" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Windows 98 assosiates many files containing coding such as "a bunch of
    >>gibberish" that don't contain a extension or were made on a macintosh
    >>computer. Old versions of windows such as 98 and 95, can't read files
    >>that don't contain the three letter extensions, ex. ".txt". I would
    >>find out what the program that wrote it was by doing a google search of
    >>the extension and then find a program that can run that file. I don't
    >>even think that the file that you are opening is even a text file. The
    >>file also could be containing a virus, scan it for a virus.
    >>

    >>chris
    >>

    >>TGS wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am using Outlook Express 6. An asspciate keeps sending me files

    >>in
    >>
    >>>Notepad. Well, when i open it, it is a MESS that is un readible.

    >>What
    >>
    >>>asssociation or process can I use to open it? I am running Win 98.
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>
    >>>Terry

    that has nothing to dowith notepad that is an efax file you need that
    software to read them.

    mAineAc
    mAineAc, Jan 4, 2005