    like having the tab bar shown at all times, or having to drag it to
    this very small area.

    How do I get 3.5 to work like 3.0 did?

    Trevor Smithson, Jul 29, 2009

  2. Trevor Smithson wrote:
    > So with 3.0 if I had two FF windows open I could drag a tab from one
    > window to the second FF window and it would open in the second window.
    >
    > Now with 3.5 if I do the same thing a third window opens and the
    > original tab is closed. I tried this with the tab bar shown, and it
    > does work if you drag the tab to the small tab bar area. But I don't
    > like having the tab bar shown at all times, or having to drag it to
    > this very small area.
    >
    > How do I get 3.5 to work like 3.0 did?

    just tested it and it works the same in both versions.
    Perhaps you have an addon that is causing the
    problem, or maybe you need a special addon. Or, maybe
    you need to check your settings: Tools, Options, Tabs.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 30, 2009

  3. On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:27:53 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    >Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >> So with 3.0 if I had two FF windows open I could drag a tab from one
    >> window to the second FF window and it would open in the second window.
    >>
    >> Now with 3.5 if I do the same thing a third window opens and the
    >> original tab is closed. I tried this with the tab bar shown, and it
    >> does work if you drag the tab to the small tab bar area. But I don't
    >> like having the tab bar shown at all times, or having to drag it to
    >> this very small area.
    >>
    >> How do I get 3.5 to work like 3.0 did?

    >just tested it and it works the same in both versions.
    > Perhaps you have an addon that is causing the
    >problem, or maybe you need a special addon. Or, maybe
    >you need to check your settings: Tools, Options, Tabs.

    I tried in safe mode and it does the same thing. How does it work in
    3.5 for you? Can you drag a tab from one window to another without
    having the tab bar visible?

    Trevor Smithson, Jul 30, 2009
  4. Trevor Smithson

    Rom Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:01:52 -0500, Trevor Smithson wrote:

    > So with 3.0 if I had two FF windows open I could drag a tab from one
    > window to the second FF window and it would open in the second window.
    >
    > Now with 3.5 if I do the same thing a third window opens and the
    > original tab is closed. I tried this with the tab bar shown, and it
    > does work if you drag the tab to the small tab bar area. But I don't
    > like having the tab bar shown at all times, or having to drag it to
    > this very small area.
    >
    > How do I get 3.5 to work like 3.0 did?

    Firefox 3.5 introduced some new features and changes that affect what
    you're wanting to do, such as tab tearing and the tab bar always
    showing is the default now.

    I'm not sure if you can do what you're wanting to do in Fx 3.5, but
    the "Tab To Window" extension
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2062>,
    may help via its context menu rather than dragging.

    There's also an extension to disable the tab tearing in Fx 3.5:
    "bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)"
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12276>.

    Some tab tweaks for Fx 3.5:
    <http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/07/disable-tab-tearing-and-six-other-firefox-3-5-tab-tweaks/>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jul 30, 2009
  5. Trevor Smithson

    fatsteve Guest

    Rom wrote:
    > There's also an extension to disable the tab tearing in Fx 3.5:
    > "bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)"
    > <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12276>.

    Cool. I was annoyed and confused as to why a new window was sometimes
    opening. Works great, Thanks for the info.

    fatsteve, Jul 30, 2009
  6. On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:09:30 +1000, Rom <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:01:52 -0500, Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >
    >> So with 3.0 if I had two FF windows open I could drag a tab from one
    >> window to the second FF window and it would open in the second window.
    >>
    >> Now with 3.5 if I do the same thing a third window opens and the
    >> original tab is closed. I tried this with the tab bar shown, and it
    >> does work if you drag the tab to the small tab bar area. But I don't
    >> like having the tab bar shown at all times, or having to drag it to
    >> this very small area.
    >>
    >> How do I get 3.5 to work like 3.0 did?

    >Firefox 3.5 introduced some new features and changes that affect what
    >you're wanting to do, such as tab tearing and the tab bar always
    >showing is the default now.
    >
    >I'm not sure if you can do what you're wanting to do in Fx 3.5, but
    >the "Tab To Window" extension
    ><https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2062>,
    >may help via its context menu rather than dragging.
    >
    >There's also an extension to disable the tab tearing in Fx 3.5:
    >"bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)"
    ><https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12276>.
    >
    >Some tab tweaks for Fx 3.5:
    ><http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/07/disable-tab-tearing-and-six-other-firefox-3-5-tab-tweaks/>

    Thanks I'll check these out.

    Trevor Smithson, Jul 30, 2009
  7. On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:38:50 -0500, Trevor Smithson
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:09:30 +1000, Rom <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:01:52 -0500, Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >>
    >>> So with 3.0 if I had two FF windows open I could drag a tab from one
    >>> window to the second FF window and it would open in the second window.
    >>>
    >>> Now with 3.5 if I do the same thing a third window opens and the
    >>> original tab is closed. I tried this with the tab bar shown, and it
    >>> does work if you drag the tab to the small tab bar area. But I don't
    >>> like having the tab bar shown at all times, or having to drag it to
    >>> this very small area.
    >>>
    >>> How do I get 3.5 to work like 3.0 did?

    >>Firefox 3.5 introduced some new features and changes that affect what
    >>you're wanting to do, such as tab tearing and the tab bar always
    >>showing is the default now.
    >>
    >>I'm not sure if you can do what you're wanting to do in Fx 3.5, but
    >>the "Tab To Window" extension
    >><https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2062>,
    >>may help via its context menu rather than dragging.
    >>
    >>There's also an extension to disable the tab tearing in Fx 3.5:
    >>"bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)"
    >><https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12276>.
    >>
    >>Some tab tweaks for Fx 3.5:
    >><http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/07/disable-tab-tearing-and-six-other-firefox-3-5-tab-tweaks/>

    >Thanks I'll check these out.

    Some good stuff there but nothing worked for this particular issue.
    Ended up downgrading back to 3.0.12.

    Trevor Smithson, Jul 30, 2009
  8. Trevor Smithson

    fatsteve Guest

    Trevor Smithson wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:38:50 -0500, Trevor Smithson
    > <> wrote:

    >>> Firefox 3.5 introduced some new features and changes that affect what
    >>> you're wanting to do, such as tab tearing and the tab bar always
    >>> showing is the default now.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not sure if you can do what you're wanting to do in Fx 3.5, but
    >>> the "Tab To Window" extension
    >>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2062>,
    >>> may help via its context menu rather than dragging.
    >>>
    >>> There's also an extension to disable the tab tearing in Fx 3.5:
    >>> "bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)"
    >>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12276>.
    >>>
    >>> Some tab tweaks for Fx 3.5:
    >>> <http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/07/disable-tab-tearing-and-six-other-firefox-3-5-tab-tweaks/>

    >> Thanks I'll check these out.

    > Some good stuff there but nothing worked for this particular issue.
    > Ended up downgrading back to 3.0.12.

    The addon "bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)" works but after
    installing you first have to go to the addon options and check the box
    "Disable detatch tab"

    fatsteve, Jul 30, 2009
  9. Trevor Smithson

    fatsteve Guest

    fatsteve wrote:
    > Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:38:50 -0500, Trevor Smithson
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Thanks I'll check these out.

    >> Some good stuff there but nothing worked for this particular issue.
    >> Ended up downgrading back to 3.0.12.

    > The addon "bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)" works but after
    > installing you first have to go to the addon options and check the box
    > "Disable detatch tab"

    Whoops. Maybe that's not what you meant. I didn't read the whole
    thread properly, again.

    fatsteve, Jul 30, 2009