    viewing dat files
    history etc. win 98 IE6.
    regards.

    Annette Kurten, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Annette Kurten

    Marfa, Texas Guest

    Annette Kurten wrote:
    > When I try to open certain files, I get the message Too large to open in
    > note pad, would you like to open in wordpad?
    > Then I get the message. There was a problem launching wordpad.
    > E.G opening logs in zonealarm.
    > viewing dat files
    > history etc. win 98 IE6.
    > regards.

    It sounds like you do not have word pad installed. Go to control
    Panel (add/remove) then click the (windows setup) tab at the top
    center. When it loads Click (accessories) then details. then scroll
    to the bottom and put a check mark in the box next to word pad. then
    click ok. when that window closed click Apply and then OK. Have
    your win98 disk ready. From there is automatic.

    --
    Just West of Nowhere
    Marfa, Texas

    Marfa, Texas, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Annette Kurten

    °Mike° Guest

    Install Cetus Wordpad (free)
    http://users.erols.com/fwcetus/cwordpad.htm

    It's an enhanced version of the Windows 9x Wordpad.

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:45:28 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cfqdpn$m5u$>
    Annette Kurten scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 16, 2004
  4. "Marfa, Texas" <> wrote in message
    > Annette Kurten wrote:
    > > When I try to open certain files, I get the message Too large to open in
    > > note pad, would you like to open in wordpad?
    > > Then I get the message. There was a problem launching wordpad.
    > > E.G opening logs in zonealarm.
    > > viewing dat files
    > > history etc. win 98 IE6.
    > > regards.
    > >

    > It sounds like you do not have word pad installed. Go to control
    > Panel (add/remove) then click the (windows setup) tab at the top
    > center. When it loads Click (accessories) then details. then scroll
    > to the bottom and put a check mark in the box next to word pad. then
    > click ok. when that window closed click Apply and then OK. Have
    > your win98 disk ready. From there is automatic.
    >
    > --
    > Just West of Nowhere
    > Marfa, Texas
    > Old Gringo Tom
    > Remember: When buying a swimming pool, learn how to swim

    It is checked and I can open word pad from the programmes folder, so I have
    a problem, thanx for advice
    AK

    Annette Kurten, Aug 17, 2004