    Any help appreciated.
    Eos.

    (My cam is a Logitech QuickCam Express).

    Eos, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Eos

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Eos vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Since installing SP2, my Logitech webcam keeps telling me the camera is
    > already in use by another program. As far as I can tell, it's NOT, but
    > that's the message I keep getting. It works with Windows Messenger, but
    > will not work with the Image Studio software which came on the CD I got
    > along with the webcam. I also get the same message from Window's Movie
    > Maker. I have searched all over my PC for this mysterious program that's
    > supposed to be using my webcam, but I just don't see any other programs
    > which use a webcam. I don't use Yahoo, or ICQ or anything....'just
    > Messenger. Is there some program or app., I've overlooked in Windows XP
    > Pro? I've been at this for more than a week now uninstalling and
    > re-installing the software on the CD, but have had no luck at all.
    > Any help appreciated.
    > Eos.
    >
    > (My cam is a Logitech QuickCam Express).

    Start the computer up without the webcam plugged in, plug it in and see if
    the computer sees it as 'new hardware' and let it install drivers etc as
    required.

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Eos

    Eos Guest

    "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in message
    > Eos vaguely muttered something like ...
    >> Since installing SP2, my Logitech webcam keeps telling me the camera is
    >> already in use by another program. As far as I can tell, it's NOT, but
    >> that's the message I keep getting. It works with Windows Messenger, but
    >> will not work with the Image Studio software which came on the CD I got
    >> along with the webcam. I also get the same message from Window's Movie
    >> Maker. I have searched all over my PC for this mysterious program that's
    >> supposed to be using my webcam, but I just don't see any other programs
    >> which use a webcam. I don't use Yahoo, or ICQ or anything....'just
    >> Messenger. Is there some program or app., I've overlooked in Windows XP
    >> Pro? I've been at this for more than a week now uninstalling and
    >> re-installing the software on the CD, but have had no luck at all.
    >> Any help appreciated.
    >> Eos.
    >>
    >> (My cam is a Logitech QuickCam Express).

    > Start the computer up without the webcam plugged in, plug it in and see if
    > the computer sees it as 'new hardware' and let it install drivers etc as
    > required.
    >
    > --
    > Paul ...
    >
    > (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
    >
    > "A tosser is a tosser, no matter what mode of transport they're using."

    Done it. It says it's installing the driver, but then when I start the
    software I get the same old message. ;(
    The driver IS there in Device Manager and it says it's working.....'hmm!

    Curiosity....'what is "WDM Video for windows capture driver (Win32)"?
    I saw it in Device Manger under Legacy Video Capture Devices.
    (Can I get rid of it? Would it help?).

    Eos.

    Eos, Sep 29, 2004
  4. "Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Since installing SP2, my Logitech webcam keeps telling me the camera is
    > already in use by another program. As far as I can tell, it's NOT, but
    > that's the message I keep getting. It works with Windows Messenger, but
    > will not work with the Image Studio software which came on the CD I got
    > along with the webcam. I also get the same message from Window's Movie
    > Maker. I have searched all over my PC for this mysterious program that's
    > supposed to be using my webcam, but I just don't see any other programs
    > which use a webcam. I don't use Yahoo, or ICQ or anything....'just
    > Messenger. Is there some program or app., I've overlooked in Windows XP
    > Pro? I've been at this for more than a week now uninstalling and
    > re-installing the software on the CD, but have had no luck at all.
    > Any help appreciated.
    > Eos.
    >
    > (My cam is a Logitech QuickCam Express).

    I tried 3 logitech cameras and each time the drivers/software that came with
    the camera turned out to be absolute shite.
    I still have some other apps on my machine that will not run if i uninstall
    the logitech software.
    On somebody elses machine the only way I got the cameras inbuilt mic to
    work was to uninstall all the software that comes with the cam and just
    leave on the bare driver, but it still fucks up the joystick.
    This is all in the past 3 months with brand new PCs and accessories and XP
    Home.

    Give Logitech the boot and get another make, i've gone back to my old Intel
    camera, which is about 5 years old, and using the inbuilt drivers with XP
    and no problems

    Dr Hackenbush, Sep 30, 2004