Can't login with SIP phone to Betamax lowratevoip.com or voipbuster.com

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by partysoft, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. partysoft

    partysoft Guest

    Helo, i was wondering if anyone could successfully login with a SIP
    phone (hardware or software) to any of these sites provided by the
    german Betamax service that unfortunatly doesn't have any support
    forums
    ('voipbuster.com' (http://www.voipbuster.com),
    'lowratevoip.com' (http://www.lowratevoip.com))
    or 'voipdiscount.com' (http://www.lowratevoip.com)

    In all it says that .. the users can use SIP registration without
    having to use the software app that they are providing...

    eg:http://lowratevoip.com/en/sipp.html

    I have tested with SjPhone and then with a wifi SIP/GSM dual phone
    called 'Tc-300 from T-COM ' (http://tinyurl.com/2rt94q)

    I've put the configuration that they are saying but i always get
    Authentification failuire
    Note that i'm behind a NAT always..(i have forwarded the ports to the
    local Ip from the router the 5060..but still nothing)..
    Any ideeas , or where to find a cheap service like this?
    Thanks!

    View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=29712
    http://www.wirelessforums.org
    partysoft, Oct 1, 2007

  2. partysoft

    Sinna Guest

    partysoft wrote:
    > Helo, i was wondering if anyone could successfully login with a SIP
    > phone (hardware or software) to any of these sites provided by the
    > german Betamax service that unfortunatly doesn't have any support
    > forums
    > ('voipbuster.com' (http://www.voipbuster.com),
    > 'lowratevoip.com' (http://www.lowratevoip.com))
    > or 'voipdiscount.com' (http://www.lowratevoip.com)

    I did successfully, both with a hardware and software SIP phone. For the
    software SIP phone I used SJPhone (on PDA), for the hardware SIP phone I
    use the Linksys SPA3102. I tested the following clones: voipbuster.com,
    voipcheap.com. A friend of mine uses voipdiscount.com.
    Note that Betamax does have a support forum, but their employees don't
    visit them that often.

    > In all it says that .. the users can use SIP registration without
    > having to use the software app that they are providing...

    Yes you can, but to have a username and password, you have to download
    the client once, register and enter the details in your device.
    Afterwards, you can uninstall the client again.

    > eg:http://lowratevoip.com/en/sipp.html
    >
    > I have tested with SjPhone and then with a wifi SIP/GSM dual phone
    > called 'Tc-300 from T-COM ' (http://tinyurl.com/2rt94q)
    >
    > I've put the configuration that they are saying but i always get
    > Authentification failuire

    Seems something is blocking your communication.

    > Note that i'm behind a NAT always..(i have forwarded the ports to the
    > local Ip from the router the 5060..but still nothing)..

    You don't have to forward anything at all. Port 5060 must be available
    outbound but not inbound. Note that some modems have port 5060 in use,
    e.g. Thomson SpeedTouch 510 (and perhaps many others).

    > Any ideeas , or where to find a cheap service like this?

    See above.
    > Thanks!

    No prob.

    > View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=29712
    > http://www.wirelessforums.org

    Sinna
    Sinna, Oct 2, 2007

  3. partysoft

    Spex Guest

    Spex, Oct 2, 2007
  4. partysoft

    partysoft Guest

    Thank you for the replyes, i was doing some more tests, and it seems
    SjPhone can login only once into every service, and then ..it won't
    anymore after the first call, like someone is kiking me out..
    My router is a Prrestige 660HW-61 (provided by Telefonica , Spain and
    it doesn't have options about SIP conf embeded), and i really don't know
    how to see if he's using the port 5060.I have entered with telnet and
    webadmin ....
    About the users and everyting , i'm sure that the conf is ok, U/P also,
    the applications that they provide are working ok, so i don't know what
    could be the problem.
    Could be that the provider that i'm using is a phone company also and
    is simply filtering the 5060 port?
    Something is definetly wrong but that won't explain the one-time login
    from SjPhone 1.56...and then without changing anything says..
    "Service not available" Not registered
    When it was registered it had the message "ready to call"

    partysoft, Oct 3, 2007
  5. partysoft

    partysoft Guest

    partysoft, Oct 3, 2007
  6. partysoft

    Tim Guest

    partysoft wrote:
    > Still doesn't work , SjPhone could login only ONCE and then i get not
    > registered message...
    > My router is a prestige Prestige 660HW-61 and doesn't have SIP
    > integrated in it so it couldn't block my traffic i think...

    It can.

    Tim
    Tim, Oct 3, 2007
  7. partysoft

    partysoft Guest

    I don't think it can...al the options on this router are:
    Password
    LAN
    Wireless LAN
    WAN
    NAT
    Security
    Dynamic DNS
    Time and Date
    Remote Management
    UPnP
    Logs
    Media Bandwidth Mgnt.
    System Status
    DHCP Table
    Wireless LAN
    Diagnostic
    Firmware

    But it doesn't matter, i'm just curious why i can't login to the SIP
    and anyone else can :)

    partysoft, Oct 3, 2007
  8. partysoft

    Sinna Guest

    partysoft wrote:
    > Still doesn't work , SjPhone could login only ONCE and then i get not
    > registered message...
    > My router is a prestige Prestige 660HW-61 and doesn't have SIP
    > integrated in it so it couldn't block my traffic i think...

    > View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=29712
    > http://www.wirelessforums.org

    It sure can. My Thomson SpeedTouch 510 does block SIP-traffic by
    default. You have to unbind port 5060 in order to let it work.

    Sinna
    Sinna, Oct 3, 2007
  9. partysoft

    Spex Guest

    On Oct 3, 8:30 am, partysoft <partysoft.2xv...@no-
    mx.wirelessforums.org> wrote:
    <snip>
    > Could be that the provider that i'm using is a phone company also and
    > is simply filtering the 5060 port?

    I doubt it's your phone company/ISP blocking 5060 - I have used SIP
    voip successfully for around 3 years now on both Ya.com and orange.es.
    I don't suppose Telefonica is blocking 5060 on their service.
    Did you get the TC-300 working on those settings?
    Spex, Oct 3, 2007
  10. partysoft

    Herman Guest

    "partysoft" <> wrote in message

    > Still doesn't work , SjPhone could login only ONCE and then i get not
    > registered message...
    > My router is a prestige Prestige 660HW-61 and doesn't have SIP
    > integrated in it so it couldn't block my traffic i think...

    You're not running the Betamax client on your PC at the same time, are you?
    Betamax tends to kick out multiple registrations. Check your system tray to
    make sure it is not running.
    Herman, Oct 3, 2007
  11. partysoft

    Jono Guest

    partysoft used his keyboard to write :

    > Tim;153210 Wrote:
    >> partysoft wrote:
    >>> Still doesn't work , SjPhone could login only ONCE and then i get not
    >>> registered message...
    >>> My router is a prestige Prestige 660HW-61 and doesn't have SIP
    >>> integrated in it so it couldn't block my traffic i think...

    >> It can.
    >>
    >> Tim

    > I don't think it can...al the options on this router are:

    <snip>

    > But it doesn't matter, i'm just curious why i can't login to the SIP
    > and anyone else can :)

    I think Tim meant "it can block traffic"
    Jono, Oct 3, 2007
  12. partysoft

    partysoft Guest

    Nope, the betamax client is closed, anyway if it is open, it will say
    that another client is loged on and it will have to close. So it's not
    related with the client eventualy..

    partysoft, Oct 4, 2007
  13. partysoft

    partysoft Guest

    So finally i've tested from a different location (Ya.com).I didn't note
    the router type, anyway....IT WORKS WITH SjPhone with no
    problems....everytime i initialize the connection.
    So Telefonica must be blocking something, because i've found out that
    is blocking port 80 (it must be a policy to not use your comp as a
    webserver)

    The TC-300 is not working still, i'm quite sure that is not sending
    even the login request, because if i have the same account logged in on
    SjPHONE or Betamax client, it will logout saying that another client has
    login with this username..But is not saying this when i'm trying with
    the phone...

    I've tried with lowratevoip.com ('URL HERE'
    (http://lowratevoip.com/en/sipp.html))
    General
    SIP port : 5060
    Registrar : sip.lowratevoip.com
    Proxy server : sip.lowratevoip.com
    Outbound proxy server : leave empty
    Account name : your lowratevoip username
    Password : your lowratevoip password
    Display name/number : your lowratevoip username or voipnumber
    Stunserver (option) : stun.lowratevoip.com

    it's just that the phone has other options that are not listed on the
    site and i don't know how they are managed:
    On NAT options it HAS:
    STUN - enabled or disabled ...and if you enable it you put the
    stun.lowratevoip.com port 3478 and the RPORT (enbable disable)
    When i enable the NAT settings it stays longer for authentification but
    in the end i get the same message (authentification failiure)

    On the SIP settings it also has
    RTP audio port: 30000
    RTP pkt. period : 20
    Prefered codec: G.711U G711A G.726-32 and G.726-24

    I really , really don't know what's wrong with this..I just can't get
    it to work...(works on other SIP servers, tested with local ones)

    partysoft, Oct 4, 2007
  14. partysoft

    Sinna Guest

    Herman wrote:
    > "partysoft" <> wrote in message
    >> Still doesn't work , SjPhone could login only ONCE and then i get not
    >> registered message...
    >> My router is a prestige Prestige 660HW-61 and doesn't have SIP
    >> integrated in it so it couldn't block my traffic i think...
    >>

    > You're not running the Betamax client on your PC at the same time, are you?
    > Betamax tends to kick out multiple registrations. Check your system tray to
    > make sure it is not running.

    Didn't knew they kicked SIP registrations off when the client was logged on.
    I know about this 'hidden feature' when registering the same username
    with more than one client, but I thought it didn't affect the SIP
    registration.

    Sinna
    Sinna, Oct 4, 2007
  15. partysoft

    Tim Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > I think Tim meant "it can block traffic"

    Exactly.

    Tim
    Tim, Oct 4, 2007
  16. partysoft

    Herman Guest

    "Sinna" <> wrote in message
    > Herman wrote:
    >> "partysoft" <> wrote in message
    >>> Still doesn't work , SjPhone could login only ONCE and then i get not
    >>> registered message...
    >>> My router is a prestige Prestige 660HW-61 and doesn't have SIP
    >>> integrated in it so it couldn't block my traffic i think...
    >>>

    >> You're not running the Betamax client on your PC at the same time, are
    >> you? Betamax tends to kick out multiple registrations. Check your system
    >> tray to make sure it is not running.

    > Didn't knew they kicked SIP registrations off when the client was logged
    > on.
    > I know about this 'hidden feature' when registering the same username with
    > more than one client, but I thought it didn't affect the SIP registration.
    >
    > Sinna

    To be fair, the PC client did alert me to this fact every time it has
    happened, but yes, it does kick off the hardware client in preference to
    their own PC client
    Herman, Oct 4, 2007
  17. partysoft

    Jono Guest

    Herman presented the following explanation :
    > "Sinna" <> wrote in message
    >> Herman wrote:
    >>> "partysoft" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> You're not running the Betamax client on your PC at the same time, are
    >>> you? Betamax tends to kick out multiple registrations. Check your system
    >>> tray to make sure it is not running.

    >> Didn't knew they kicked SIP registrations off when the client was logged
    >> on.
    >> I know about this 'hidden feature' when registering the same username with
    >> more than one client, but I thought it didn't affect the SIP registration.
    >>
    >> Sinna

    > To be fair, the PC client did alert me to this fact every time it has
    > happened, but yes, it does kick off the hardware client in preference to
    > their own PC client

    That will depend how often the hardware client is set to register. Mine
    registers quite frequently so I find that it is the software client
    that gets booted & this doesn't automatically sign back in again.

    Caused me a brief problem when trying to validate my numbers, until I
    realised that each log in required a new validation....and the sofware
    client was being booted off before I'd had chance to type in the code.
    Jono, Oct 4, 2007
  18. "Herman" <whitehouse.madhouse.thisisaspamtraptakemeout!@bigfoot.com> wrote
    in message news:pxbNi.2008$...
    > To be fair, the PC client did alert me to this fact every time it has
    > happened, but yes, it does kick off the hardware client in preference to
    > their own PC client

    There is no preference. The last one which registers kicks the other out. As
    soon your hardware registers again, the software client get kicked out.
    Philippe Deleye, Oct 8, 2007
  19. "partysoft" <> wrote in message

    > Still doesn't work , SjPhone could login only ONCE and then i get not
    > registered message...
    > My router is a prestige Prestige 660HW-61 and doesn't have SIP
    > integrated in it so it couldn't block my traffic i think...

    Is it a problem ?
    Beeing registered to a SIP service, and keeping that registration alive, is
    only needed for RECEIVING calls
    Many SIP devices can work without beeing registered for OUTGOING calls (Your
    credentials are sent anyway together with your call request).
    I do not know about the SjPhone sofphone, but you may be able to call out
    without registration ?
    Philippe Deleye, Oct 8, 2007