    Windows XP and Outlook Express. When I try to link to a JavaScript link OE
    will not link to site. Even when I right click and try to open a window it
    will not link. How do I correct?

    ~~Louis, Jan 7, 2004

  2. ~~Louis

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:23:19 GMT, "~~Louis"
    <> wrote:

    >Windows XP and Outlook Express. When I try to link to a JavaScript link OE
    >will not link to site. Even when I right click and try to open a window it
    >will not link. How do I correct?

    Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, under Tempory Internet
    Files, click "Delete Files" button, check the box, "Delete all offline
    content", "OK". After it finishes, click the "Settings" button and lower
    the amount of disk space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will
    increase your hard drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it
    well over a gig. Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it
    weekly, or sooner, especially if IE, OE starts acting funny.
    Reboot Windows to refresh the OS.
    Now try it again. If it still fails to work, then look here:

    OLEXP: Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176581

    OLEXP: Outlook Express Is Slow to Open Mail Messages and Links
    to Web Pages
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311030

    Section on "OUTLOOK: Hyperlinks - Shortcut"
    (About 2/3 way down the page).
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/eroutlok.htm#OELINKS

    How to get HTTP hyperlinks in OE to open IE when you click them:
    http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx

    Another reported cure is to click Start, Run. In the run box, type
    "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" without the quotes and press Enter. Then open
    Internet Explorer and go to Tools, Internet Options, "Programs" tab,
    and click on "Reset Web Settings...", click "Apply", "OK"

    "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306098

    When you add a link to a Web page in an Outlook Express message and then
    click the link, nothing may happen.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176581

    Unk, Jan 7, 2004