    downloaded the 64 bit driver for the Nvidia card, but never get to the point
    that setup requests those drivers.

    Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.....

    =?Utf-8?B?amZpc2g=?=, Feb 24, 2007

  2. > Hi, I got XP Professional working well but I wanted to upgrade to X&$ with the evaluation version cause I'm an enginner and I wanted all tje uice of my machine.

    I downloaded it, burn it, and the first time that I tried to install it,
    everything was good until I got a message saying that only I had 3 GB free on
    hard disk (I got more than 110 GB free: 20-96 on two partitions ).

    The second try it told me that I got no space on Hard disk (???????????)

    =?Utf-8?B?amFmbA==?=, Feb 24, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?amZpc2g=?=

    Theo Guest

    Go to www.microsoft.com and enter '0X0000000A' in the search
    box, then press <Enter> or click on the icon. You will be
    presented with approximately 1,491 references to your error.
    Browse through the known errors and see what looks most
    applicable to your situation. One of the first ones is to
    disconnect all unneeded peripherals and unplug unneeded cards.

    If you also enter 'x64' along with '0X0000000A' your
    references are reduced to 109 choices.

    http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?q=0X0000000A x64&l=1&mkt=en-US&FORM=QBME1

    Theo, Feb 24, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?amZpc2g=?=

    S.SubZero Guest

    If you are using AHCI mode for the hard drives, stop that this
    instant! No actually you need to have them in legacy IDE mode. This
    is because XP64 has no AHCI support, at least not for the Intel
    boards.

    *After* it's installed you can try wedging in the AHCI drivers,
    reboot, and switch them to AHCI mode. I didn't bother since I didn't
    see any benefit to AHCI in my situation.

    The wikipedia article for XP64 for no apparent reason had this in the
    article. Last time I checked, someone had removed it. No idea why.

    S.SubZero, Feb 24, 2007
  5. S,
    I first took out 2 gig ram based on the articles I was referred to. Same
    thing... Then I verified that the ATA/IDE mode is Legacy, and I disabled
    S.M.A.R.T. - I get the same error. Any other ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    john

    =?Utf-8?B?amZpc2g=?=, Feb 24, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?amZpc2g=?=

    Theo, Feb 24, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?amZpc2g=?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    where did you download the image from.
    have not seen it available for a long at a credible source.
    it is possible the download or burn is faulty.

    @sport.rr.com

    mikeyhsd, Feb 24, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?amZpc2g=?=

    S.SubZero Guest

    On Feb 24, 3:41 pm, "mikeyhsd" <> wrote:
    > where did you download the image from.
    > have not seen it available for a long at a credible source.
    > it is possible the download or burn is faulty.

    Does MSDN have it? I know the disc itself can be purchased at legit
    resellers. TigerDirect.com even has them. The filename does have a
    structure I'm not used to seeing in MS stuff, tho I am not familiar
    with their naming convention for all of their products.

    OP- did you try disabling the onboard RAID controller? Sound?
    Anything not critical to system boot?

    S.SubZero, Feb 25, 2007
  9. 1.) Reburn your CD, at a slower speed.
    2.) use a Non-SATA CD drive to load the software.
    3.) use F6 to load your SATA drivers, if required
    4.) remove ALL USB devices except keyboard and mouse.
    5.) reseat your hardware, check all cables, etc.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 26, 2007