    I would appreciate any help you can give me
    Thanks
    katie

    katie, May 19, 2006

  2. katie

    Trax Guest

    "katie" <> wrote:

    |>Hello
    |>I have a Dell Dimension 8200 PC with Windows XP Home edition 2001
    |>I tried downloading service pack 2 from the Microsoft Download site
    |>it started, but received pop up that it was unable to be installed
    |>I next tried the Service Pack 2 installation cd from Microsoft with the
    |>same reuslts
    |>I would appreciate any help you can give me

    I've been there, had to make room for the installation.

    Do you have the HD space? It needs close to 700megs to even start -
    and will end up taking up 500 megs of it for the servicepacks
    directory.

    --
    Music videos http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php
    Someone did all the work, so you don't have to :)

    Trax, May 19, 2006

  3. katie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    katie spewed forth:
    > Hello
    > I have a Dell Dimension 8200 PC with Windows XP Home edition 2001
    > I tried downloading service pack 2 from the Microsoft Download site
    > it started, but received pop up that it was unable to be installed
    > I next tried the Service Pack 2 installation cd from Microsoft with
    > the same reuslts
    > I would appreciate any help you can give me
    > Thanks
    > katie

    How about providing any ERROR MESSAGES you might be getting. Please state
    WHY it won't install.

    Toolman Tim, May 19, 2006
  4. katie

    Peaches Guest

    "katie" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I have a Dell Dimension 8200 PC with Windows XP Home edition 2001
    > I tried downloading service pack 2 from the Microsoft Download site
    > it started, but received pop up that it was unable to be installed
    > I next tried the Service Pack 2 installation cd from Microsoft with the
    > same reuslts
    > I would appreciate any help you can give me
    > Thanks
    > katie

    XP has to be "ready" for SP2
    Goto start/windows update
    Once the scan is complete if your XP is "ready" then SP2 will
    be listed in the "Optional" updates, if not, then the optional updates
    that are listed will "ready" your XP for SP2.

    Peaches, May 19, 2006
  5. katie

    Billh Guest

    katie wrote:
    > Hello
    > I have a Dell Dimension 8200 PC with Windows XP Home edition 2001
    > I tried downloading service pack 2 from the Microsoft Download site
    > it started, but received pop up that it was unable to be installed
    > I next tried the Service Pack 2 installation cd from Microsoft with the
    > same reuslts
    > I would appreciate any help you can give me
    > Thanks
    > katie

    Get rid of any spyware and virus you have that will cause many problems.

    Billh, May 20, 2006