    Help!

    Thanks,

    Jeff
    Jeff Ingram, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Jeff Ingram

    Z Guest

    Jeff Ingram wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to install Search Sidebar from this link
    > (http://searchsidebar.mozdev.org/index.html) and nothing happens when I
    > click " A simple to use installer is available" I can right click the link,
    > choose "save target as" and download the file. But when I try to open it,
    > XP doesn't know what to do with the file .xpi file. I'm using FireFox 1.0.

    This works for me:

    Save the .xpi to desktop (or folder)
    File > Open > navigate to .xpi > Ok
    Z, Feb 7, 2005

  3. Jeff Ingram

    Jeff Ingram Guest

    "Z" <> wrote in message news:vrzNd.10483$...
    > Jeff Ingram wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to install Search Sidebar from this link
    > > (http://searchsidebar.mozdev.org/index.html) and nothing happens when I
    > > click " A simple to use installer is available" I can right click the

    link,
    > > choose "save target as" and download the file. But when I try to open

    it,
    > > XP doesn't know what to do with the file .xpi file. I'm using FireFox

    1.0.

    > This works for me:
    >
    > Save the .xpi to desktop (or folder)
    > File > Open > navigate to .xpi > Ok

    Great! Got it! Thanks! Now one other question about this
    extension........Is there a way to add other search engines? I'd like to be
    able to add sites like pricegrabber.com, cnet.com, mysimon.com, and any
    other site that's good for searching for the best price on items.

    Thanks,

    Jeff
    Jeff Ingram, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Jeff Ingram

    Z Guest

    Jeff Ingram wrote:
    >>This works for me:
    >>Save the .xpi to desktop (or folder)
    >>File > Open > navigate to .xpi > Ok

    > Great! Got it! Thanks! Now one other question about this
    > extension........Is there a way to add other search engines? I'd like to be
    > able to add sites like pricegrabber.com, cnet.com, mysimon.com, and any
    > other site that's good for searching for the best price on items.

    Most extensions are customized this way:

    Tools > Extensions > highlight the extension > Options
    Z, Feb 7, 2005
  5. Jeff Ingram wrote:
    > "Z" <> wrote in message news:vrzNd.10483$...
    >
    >>Jeff Ingram wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>I'm trying to install Search Sidebar from this link
    >>>(http://searchsidebar.mozdev.org/index.html) and nothing happens when I
    >>>click " A simple to use installer is available" I can right click the

    > link,
    >
    >>>choose "save target as" and download the file. But when I try to open

    > it,
    >
    >>>XP doesn't know what to do with the file .xpi file. I'm using FireFox

    > 1.0.
    >
    >>This works for me:
    >>
    >>Save the .xpi to desktop (or folder)
    >>File > Open > navigate to .xpi > Ok

    > Great! Got it! Thanks! Now one other question about this
    > extension........Is there a way to add other search engines? I'd like to be
    > able to add sites like pricegrabber.com, cnet.com, mysimon.com, and any
    > other site that's good for searching for the best price on items.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff

    In Firefox Ver 1 you just left click on the displayed search engine and
    a drop down menu will appear. The last option is Add Engines from there
    just follow the instructions, I found then very easy.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    graeme@invalid, Feb 7, 2005
  6. Jeff Ingram

    Jeff Ingram Guest

    Hmmm......left clicking directly on an engine that shows in the side bar
    only checks and unchecks the box. I've tried right clicking and double
    clicking on each engine, but nothing happens. I've gone back to the
    extensions list and clicked, double clicked on it and still nothing
    happens.

    What could I be doing wrong? Help!

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeff Ingram, Feb 7, 2005
  7. Jeff Ingram wrote:
    > Hmmm......left clicking directly on an engine that shows in the side bar
    > only checks and unchecks the box. I've tried right clicking and double
    > clicking on each engine, but nothing happens. I've gone back to the
    > extensions list and clicked, double clicked on it and still nothing
    > happens.
    >
    > What could I be doing wrong? Help!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff
    > <graeme@invalid> wrote in message
    >
    >>Jeff Ingram wrote:

    >>>link,

    >>>it,

    >>>1.0.

    >>>Great! Got it! Thanks! Now one other question about this
    >>>extension........Is there a way to add other search engines? I'd like

    > to be
    >
    >>>able to add sites like pricegrabber.com, cnet.com, mysimon.com, and any
    >>>other site that's good for searching for the best price on items.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Jeff
    >>>

    >>In Firefox Ver 1 you just left click on the displayed search engine and
    >>a drop down menu will appear. The last option is Add Engines from there
    >>just follow the instructions, I found then very easy.
    >>
    >>--
    >>So long and thanks for all the fish.

    It works OK for me using Win 98 maybe I will leave it for an XP expert.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    graeme@invalid, Feb 7, 2005
  8. On 2/7/2005 4:02 AM, Jeff Ingram said:

    > Great! Got it! Thanks! Now one other question about this
    > extension........Is there a way to add other search engines? I'd like to be
    > able to add sites like pricegrabber.com, cnet.com, mysimon.com, and any
    > other site that's good for searching for the best price on items.

    Have you been to mycroft.mozdev.org?

    cheers,

    David H
    David Harrison, Feb 7, 2005