Can't install Mozilla 1.7.5 on win98SE

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Venantius, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Venantius

    Venantius Guest

    Hi everyone,
    I tried to install moz 1.7.5 suite after uninstalling ver 1.6 and removing
    all the directories.

    When I start the installer it just crashes or doesn't do anything.

    I tried running it from a command prompt but there were no error reported.

    I also tried to install Firefox - also no go! The exe starts the extracting
    process before running the installer and then just noting happens. It
    doesn't hang or anything, just after extracting the programme quits.

    I am baffled by all this!

    Can anyone point me to get it installed?

    regards,
    Venks

    Venantius, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Venantius wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    > I tried to install moz 1.7.5 suite after uninstalling ver 1.6 and removing
    > all the directories.
    >
    > When I start the installer it just crashes or doesn't do anything.
    >
    > I tried running it from a command prompt but there were no error reported.
    >
    > I also tried to install Firefox - also no go! The exe starts the extracting
    > process before running the installer and then just noting happens. It
    > doesn't hang or anything, just after extracting the programme quits.
    >

    > I am baffled by all this!
    >
    > Can anyone point me to get it installed?
    >
    > regards,
    > Venks

    You say you deleted all the directories. Did you delete the Program
    Files\Commomn Files\mozilla.org directory? try doing so and see if the
    isntaller will work. If notl try downloading a fresh copy of the installer.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 31, 2004