    install? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Linda
    LindaSusan, Apr 23, 2008

  2. Make sure you are using the correct version of regsvr32. You need to use the
    one in the SysWOW64 folder by explicitly calling it with the full path. (The
    problem is that when you open a CMD window, you're running a 64-bit
    application and it sees %windir%\system32 earlier on the path than anything
    in SysWOW64. )

    You may also need to include the full path to the DLL.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 24, 2008

  3. LindaSusan

    LindaSusan Guest

    Thank you for the response Charlie. Unfortunately I don't quite understand
    what you're saying. I tried to register the dll by typing in
    regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DXTMETA2.DLL
    A message came up stating the registration was successful.
    BUT I still get an error message and the stationery will not work in Windows
    Mail.
    This is what it says:

    An error has occurred in the script on this page

    Line: 275
    Char: 1
    Error: Invalid procedure call or argument
    mid://00000014/

    Can you please send me or direct me to some step by step instructions on
    registering the dll?
    Sorry, but when it comes to the technical stuff I'm not very smart.

    Thank you, Linda

    LindaSusan, Apr 24, 2008
  4. c:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DXTMETA2.DLL

    Just calling regsvr32 gets you the 64 bit version. If that doesn't work,
    you'll have to talk to the vendor of the product.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 25, 2008
  5. Linda,

    have you considered if you need this at all? I made a superficial search and
    found what seems to be indicating it was made for Win95 and Win98 to
    overcome Letterman Software incompatibilities with DirectX8.0 - the site
    specifically states not to install the *.DLL onto WinME - I wonder if that
    is not ment to include all later versions of Windows OS's?

    http://www.lettermanstationery.us/DX8.htm

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 25, 2008
  6. LindaSusan

    LindaSusan Guest

    Tony and Charlie,
    Thank you for the replies. I appreciate your help.
    The dll is needed to run the MetaCreation filters in stationery scripting.
    Without it, the scripts won't run. I used it in Windows XP and it worked
    good. It's just not compatible with Vista. There are only a few scripts
    that use the filters and many many more that do not. I'm just going to skip
    the scripts using MetaCreation filters. It will save me a lot of
    aggravation. If later a compatibility fix is found I'm sure I will hear
    about it from the scripting classes or on the internet.

    Thanks again, Linda

    LindaSusan, Apr 25, 2008