    how to check USB my current driver or where to get an update USB driver? If
    it is a problem, why don't I have the similar problem with my digital
    camera?

    none, Sep 11, 2004

  2. none

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "none" <> wrote in
    news:IZH0d.35258$:

    > I have a Dell Optiflex PII with 450 Mhz CPU speed running Windows 2000
    > version 5.00.2195 and service pack 4. Currently I have USB digital
    > camera connect to it and the USB connection works no problem. I had
    > HP printer (USB as well) was working fine but I gave the printer away.
    > I bought new all in one unit from HP and had difficulty installing
    > it. I think I must have spent 5 to 6 hrs in the phone with support to
    > resolve but without a success. Some suggest that I should upgrade USB
    > driver. Does anyone know how to check USB my current driver or where
    > to get an update USB driver? If it is a problem, why don't I have the
    > similar problem with my digital camera?

    You go to Device Manager and right-click on the device Properties.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 11, 2004

  3. none

    none Guest

    I have done all that including editing "regedit" with HPsupport personnel.
    I have other suggest that I should replace me USB ports with a plug in card
    instead of on board. Even though my USB port (either one of them) for my
    camera is still working. Does anyone has this similar experience and what is
    the resolution to get the software to install?

    none, Sep 12, 2004
  4. Have you check with Dell support for an updated driver for your Otiplex?
    There could be updated drivers for everything for that unit.
    http://support.dell.com. And gees I can't believe that HP had you on the
    phone for 5 to 6 hours. And did the HP support tech talk to you about issues
    or is there a driver issue with the Windows 2K OS?

    Computer Doctor

    Computer Doctor, Sep 12, 2004
  5. none

    WebWalker Guest

    Did you uninstall the previous printer driver?
    Did you install the right driver for you new printer?

    Some devices need you to install the driver first before connecting the
    devices to the system.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Sep 12, 2004