    OK.

    How does one reinstall or repair WZC?
    , Oct 3, 2005

  2. try this

    C:\WINDOWS\inf\netwzc.inf

    right click/ install

    hth

    philip ashley

    Philip Ashley, Oct 3, 2005

  3. <> wrote in message
    >I installed JiWire Spotlock on a Windows XP laptop (with SP2 and all
    > patches), played with it for a while, and then uninstalled it.
    >
    > Since the uninstall, Windows Wireless Zero Config no longer works. It
    > worked fine before I installed Spotlock.

    If you have XP, do a restore to a point before you installed spotlock.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 3, 2005
  4. Guest

    yup, tried that shortly after I posted. It installs WZC ok, but
    doesn't fix the problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ericr
    , Oct 3, 2005
  5. Guest

    Another good idea. Too bad I turned system restores off to get more
    disk space.

    Thanks!

    ericr
    , Oct 3, 2005
  6. try this

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

    hth

    philip ashley

    Philip Ashley, Oct 3, 2005
  7. <> wrote in message
    > Another good idea. Too bad I turned system restores off to get more
    > disk space.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > ericr

    That'll teach you! Never turn system restore off! :)

    Did you use the latest HiJackThis to see where it is perched and get rid of
    it?
    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 5, 2005
  8. i suggest its a the hotspot finder, much like when running any network
    stumbler, WWZC is either stopped or if it detects some one else has come to
    teh party, does not display.

    either remove spotlock, or stop spotlock looking services until wwzc shows
    back up.

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29ueA==?=, Oct 6, 2005
  9. Hi

    I've got the same problem with a D-Link card (DWL-650+). Did you solve the
    prolbem? If yes please sent me a link.

    Yours
    Jens Olsen

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVucyBPbHNlbg==?=, Nov 18, 2005