    I have a paradise cable connection.

    Any ideas?

    akiwi

    akiwi, Aug 5, 2005

  2. akiwi

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    akiwi wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
    > sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
    > time, my browser times out, and this page
    > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/
    > gets page unavailable quite quickly. Some people in other countries
    > are having no problems getting to sourceforge right now.
    >
    > I have a paradise cable connection.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > akiwi

    Working for me on actrix dialup

    Roger_Nickel, Aug 5, 2005

  3. akiwi

    Peter Guest

    akiwi wrote:
    > I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
    > sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
    > time, my browser times out, and this page
    > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/
    > gets page unavailable quite quickly. Some people in other countries
    > are having no problems getting to sourceforge right now.

    You have 2 URLs there.
    The first one works ok here (via Maxnet) but the other gives a 404 error.
    Are you sure that lists URL is correct?

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Aug 5, 2005
  4. akiwi

    Andrew Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:56:25 +1200, akiwi wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
    > sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
    > time, my browser times out, and this page

    > I have a paradise cable connection.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > akiwi

    There has been a problem since Thursday last week. The site works for me
    at work, but not at home (Paradise).

    I made a Support Request to Sourceforge on Monday. Apparently one of their
    upstream providers is incorrectly IP blocking - they said yesterday it
    should be 'cleared soon'. It's not yet fixed for me, though.

    Interestingly, I also contacted Paradise Technical Help; they have yet to
    make any comments to me (other than acknowledging my email).

    I'm an active developer on Sourceforge, and it's very irritating not to
    have access.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Aug 5, 2005
  5. akiwi

    akiwi Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:08:45 +1200, Andrew <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:56:25 +1200, akiwi wrote:
    >

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
    >> sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
    >> time, my browser times out, and this page

    >> I have a paradise cable connection.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> akiwi

    >There has been a problem since Thursday last week. The site works for me
    >at work, but not at home (Paradise).
    >
    >I made a Support Request to Sourceforge on Monday. Apparently one of their
    >upstream providers is incorrectly IP blocking - they said yesterday it
    >should be 'cleared soon'. It's not yet fixed for me, though.
    >
    >Interestingly, I also contacted Paradise Technical Help; they have yet to
    >make any comments to me (other than acknowledging my email).
    >
    >I'm an active developer on Sourceforge, and it's very irritating not to
    >have access.
    >
    >Andrew

    Thanks. I've phoned Paradise support and the guy said he can get the
    web page I wanted no problems, so that it must be a setting in my
    browser. Then I told him I'd heard it was due to IP blocking but he
    said he didn't think it could be because the website worked fine for
    him. I wonder if there's any way to switch my IP address somehow.

    Sourceforge support page doesn't load for me ...

    akiwi

    akiwi, Aug 6, 2005
  6. akiwi

    Kazonme Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:08:45 +1200, Andrew <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:56:25 +1200, akiwi wrote:

    >There has been a problem since Thursday last week. The site works for me
    >at work, but not at home (Paradise).
    >
    >I made a Support Request to Sourceforge on Monday. Apparently one of their
    >upstream providers is incorrectly IP blocking - they said yesterday it
    >should be 'cleared soon'. It's not yet fixed for me, though.
    >
    >Interestingly, I also contacted Paradise Technical Help; they have yet to
    >make any comments to me (other than acknowledging my email).

    Paradise IP range is blacklisted..

    try using a proxy !

    same as the SpamCop.net blacklist

    Kazonme, Aug 6, 2005
  7. akiwi

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:56:25 +1200, in message
     <>, akiwi wrote:

    > I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
    > sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
    > time, my browser times out, and this page
    > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/
    > gets page unavailable quite quickly. Some people in other countries
    > are having no problems getting to sourceforge right now.
    >
    > I have a paradise cable connection.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I've had no problem accessing sourceforge from Paradise dial-up today.

    If there's an IP block, it's not affecting the IP range which I an in.

    Ralph Fox, Aug 6, 2005
  8. akiwi

    Dave Taylor Guest

    akiwi <> wrote in

    > hanks. I've phoned Paradise support and the guy said he can get the
    > web page I wanted no problems, so that it must be a setting in my
    > browser.

    Sometimes they do not eat their own dog food. Ask him to try from the TEST
    MACHINE that is actually using what you use. IIRC they have a different
    connection that bypasses things like their transparent proxy, so when you
    call and say, this web site is broken, they say oh it works here,
    forgetting that what they have is different than what you have.
    This may have changed recently, but this what happened to me about 9 months
    ago. ESCALATE.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 6, 2005
  9. akiwi

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Dave Taylor <> wrote in

    > akiwi <> wrote in
    >
    >> hanks. I've phoned Paradise support and the guy said he can get the
    >> web page I wanted no problems, so that it must be a setting in my
    >> browser.

    > Sometimes they do not eat their own dog food. Ask him to try from the
    > TEST MACHINE that is actually using what you use. IIRC they have a
    > different connection that bypasses things like their transparent
    > proxy, so when you call and say, this web site is broken, they say oh
    > it works here, forgetting that what they have is different than what
    > you have. This may have changed recently, but this what happened to me
    > about 9 months ago. ESCALATE.

    I have paradise cable and had no problems getting to a couple of sourcforge
    web sites and I downloaded the latest beta of 7-zip.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 6, 2005
  10. akiwi

    akiwi Guest

    On 6 Aug 2005 18:37:00 +1200, Dave Taylor
    <> wrote:

    >Dave Taylor <> wrote in
    >
    >> akiwi <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> hanks. I've phoned Paradise support and the guy said he can get the
    >>> web page I wanted no problems, so that it must be a setting in my
    >>> browser.

    >> Sometimes they do not eat their own dog food. Ask him to try from the
    >> TEST MACHINE that is actually using what you use. IIRC they have a
    >> different connection that bypasses things like their transparent
    >> proxy, so when you call and say, this web site is broken, they say oh
    >> it works here, forgetting that what they have is different than what
    >> you have. This may have changed recently, but this what happened to me
    >> about 9 months ago. ESCALATE.
    >>

    >I have paradise cable and had no problems getting to a couple of sourcforge
    >web sites and I downloaded the latest beta of 7-zip.

    If I use this web site http://anonycat.com/index.htm
    I can get to sourceforge web pages that I can't get to directly, but I
    can't download files - it jumps back to anonycat web page if I try.

    akiwi

    akiwi, Aug 6, 2005
  11. akiwi

    akiwi Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:05:43 +1200, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >akiwi wrote:
    >> I've been trying to access sourceforge but except for the main
    >> sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/) which loads after a long
    >> time, my browser times out, and this page
    >> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/
    >> gets page unavailable quite quickly. Some people in other countries
    >> are having no problems getting to sourceforge right now.

    >You have 2 URLs there.
    >The first one works ok here (via Maxnet) but the other gives a 404 error.
    >Are you sure that lists URL is correct?
    >

    >HTH
    >
    >Peter

    No, sorry, I just truncated this
    https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/upp-main

    I managed to get the download I wanted by using this URL
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/upp/upp-win-0.98.7.exe?use_mirror=easynew

    so maybe the IP blocking doesn't occur between this server and me, but
    I don't really want to have to go through anonycat to get to
    sourceforge all the time.
    The actual download URL that comes up when I go through anonycat is
    http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/upp/upp-win-0.98.7.exe

    but this doesn't work through anonycat - it just jumps back to
    anonycat home page.

    akiwi

    akiwi, Aug 6, 2005
  12. akiwi