Cant get to Desktop

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mike_P, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Mike_P

    Mike_P Guest

    "Peter Skinner" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > I use to have a small button on the left bottom of my XP screen that if
    > clicked would minimise all open applications. I formatted my drive and
    > installed XP. I have lost that buttopn. How can I get it back again..
    >

    > cheers...

    Right click on the task bar, select Toolbars/Quick Launch.

    Mike_P, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Mike_P

    Ryan_Jacobs Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:28:33 -0700, "Peter Skinner"
    <> provided this moment of wisdom:

    >Hi
    >
    >I use to have a small button on the left bottom of my XP screen that if
    >clicked would minimise all open applications. I formatted my drive and
    >installed XP. I have lost that buttopn. How can I get it back again..
    >

    >cheers...

    I'm not sure of the button/icon that you clicked - possibly a 3rd
    party install?

    But, to minimise all windows - Hold the "windows" key & "M"

    HTHs

    /Begin Sig
    Welcome to RJ's house of idiots
    #1. Redbaiter - lights are on, but noone's home
    #2. Harry - monkey see, monkey do
    #3. Mr Scebe - proof of Darwin's theory
    #4. <Position vacant>
    /End Sig

    Ryan_Jacobs, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Mike_P

    Max Burke Guest

    > Ryan_Jacobs scribbled:

    >> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:28:33 -0700, "Peter Skinner"
    >> <> provided this moment of wisdom:
    >> I use to have a small button on the left bottom of my XP screen that
    >> if clicked would minimise all open applications. I formatted my
    >> drive and installed XP. I have lost that buttopn. How can I get it
    >> back again..

    > I'm not sure of the button/icon that you clicked - possibly a 3rd
    > party install?

    Show desktop button; It's been part of Windows since 3.1....

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Mike_P

    ChrisOD Guest

    Ryan_Jacobs wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:28:33 -0700, "Peter Skinner"
    > <> provided this moment of wisdom:
    >

    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I use to have a small button on the left bottom of my XP screen that if
    >>clicked would minimise all open applications. I formatted my drive and
    >>installed XP. I have lost that buttopn. How can I get it back again..
    >>

    >>cheers...
    >>

    > I'm not sure of the button/icon that you clicked - possibly a 3rd
    > party install?
    >
    > But, to minimise all windows - Hold the "windows" key & "M"
    >
    > HTHs

    I prefer the "Windows" "D" combo togle to desktop and then back to
    previous state.

    ChrisOD, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Mike_P

    > Thank you wow that was quick

    Your welcome !

    Peter Skinner, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Thank you wow that was quick

    Peter Skinner, Oct 20, 2004
  8. Mike_P

    Peter Guest

    The winner is "windows D".... thx everyone...

    Peter, Oct 20, 2004
  9. Mike_P

    SteveM Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in

    > The winner is "windows D".... thx everyone...
    >

    > "ChrisOD" <> wrote in message
    >> Ryan_Jacobs wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:28:33 -0700, "Peter Skinner"
    >>> <> provided this moment of wisdom:

    >>> I'm not sure of the button/icon that you clicked - possibly a 3rd
    >>> party install?
    >>>
    >>> But, to minimise all windows - Hold the "windows" key & "M"
    >>>
    >>> HTHs
    >>>

    >> I prefer the "Windows" "D" combo togle to desktop and then back to
    >> previous state.

    >> News==----
    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    >> >100,000 Newsgroups

    >> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    The icon is the show desktop one?

    Because I can't post binaries here use these instructions to create a new
    shortcut

    create a new text document in Notepad and call it Show Desktop.scf
    Cut and paste the below into it

    [Shell]
    Command=2
    IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    [Taskbar]
    Command=ToggleDesktop

    Save in
    C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXX\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    Explorer\Quick Launch
    where XXXXXXX is your logon name

    SteveM

    SteveM, Oct 20, 2004