    John Bahran Guest

    My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
    key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.
    John Bahran, Jan 23, 2004

  2. John Bahran

    ilmc Guest

    John Bahran typed:
    > My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
    > key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

    Make and model, please!
    ilmc, Jan 23, 2004

  3. John Bahran

    ICee Guest

    John Bahran wrote:
    > My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
    > key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

    You have to hold down the 'Delete' key just after powering up the
    system. If delete doesn't work, try 'Insert', 'Esc', or 'F1'.

    Douglas Adams
    ICee, Jan 23, 2004
  4. John Bahran

    °Mike° Guest

    Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
    the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
    telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

    On 23 Jan 2004 15:06:22 -0800, in
    <>
    John Bahran scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 23, 2004
  5. John Bahran wrote:

    > My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
    > key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

    Without more information the group cannot assist you further...

    Please see Michael Stevens' site for some other common key combos -
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 24, 2004
  6. John Bahran

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:46:33 GMT, in
    <JfjQb.277$>
    Michael J. Apollyon scrawled:

    >John Bahran wrote:
    >
    >> My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
    >> key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

    >Without more information the group cannot assist you further...

    Please speak for yourself, and nobody else, you presumptuous prick.

    >Please see Michael Stevens'

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 24, 2004
  7. John Bahran

    Harrison Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    >Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
    >the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
    >telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

    Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.
    Brilliant.
    No shit.
    Brilliant.

    Harrison, Jan 24, 2004
  8. John Bahran

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, in
    <>
    Harrison scrawled:

    >On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
    >>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
    >>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

    >Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.
    >Brilliant.
    >No shit.
    >Brilliant.

    Oh, but I'm just some Window 98 hack, remember?

    °Mike°, Jan 24, 2004
  9. On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
    >>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
    >>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

    >Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.

    Actually, Mike.... Why bother.... Just hold your finger on ANY KEY and
    don't let up till it gives you the message.... The net result is the
    BIOS will complain about a key being stuck.... (Yeah, its stuck....
    Stuck with my finger on it!)
    John H. Guillory, Jan 24, 2004
  10. John Bahran

    Boomer Guest

    John H. Guillory <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
    >>>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
    >>>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

    >>Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.

    > Actually, Mike.... Why bother.... Just hold your finger on ANY KEY
    > and don't let up till it gives you the message.... The net result
    > is the BIOS will complain about a key being stuck.... (Yeah, its
    > stuck.... Stuck with my finger on it!)

    Huh?

    You replied to Harrison. The OP is John Bahran.
    Boomer, Jan 24, 2004
  11. John Bahran

    docmill Guest

    Boomer <> wrote in

    > John H. Guillory <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

    >>>Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.

    >> Actually, Mike.... Why bother.... Just hold your finger on ANY KEY
    >> and don't let up till it gives you the message.... The net result
    >> is the BIOS will complain about a key being stuck.... (Yeah, its
    >> stuck.... Stuck with my finger on it!)

    > Huh?
    >
    > You replied to Harrison. The OP is John Bahran.

    And he was talking to Mike?

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    docmill, Jan 24, 2004
  12. John Bahran

    Harrison Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 01:49:38 +0000, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, in
    > <>
    > Harrison scrawled:
    >
    >>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
    >>>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
    >>>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

    >>Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.
    >>Brilliant.
    >>No shit.
    >>Brilliant.

    >Oh, but I'm just some Window 98 hack, remember?

    Yeah, and the first shot fired called me a moron, remember?
    Anyway, I'm over being called a moron and am ready to move on.
    Have a good weekend.
    Harrison, Jan 24, 2004
  13. John Bahran

    Harrison Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:46:53 -0600, John H. Guillory
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
    >>>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
    >>>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

    >>Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.

    >Actually, Mike.... Why bother.... Just hold your finger on ANY KEY and
    >don't let up till it gives you the message.... The net result is the
    >BIOS will complain about a key being stuck.... (Yeah, its stuck....
    >Stuck with my finger on it!)

    Nice advice, but please reply to the OP, or at least to Mike's answer
    to the OP.
    Harrison, Jan 24, 2004
  14. John Bahran

    Boomer Guest

    docmill <> wrote in

    > Boomer <> wrote in
    >
    >> John H. Guillory <> wrote in

    >>> Actually, Mike.... Why bother.... Just hold your finger on ANY KEY
    >>> and don't let up till it gives you the message.... The net result
    >>> is the BIOS will complain about a key being stuck.... (Yeah, its
    >>> stuck.... Stuck with my finger on it!)

    >> Huh?
    >>
    >> You replied to Harrison. The OP is John Bahran.
    >>

    > And he was talking to Mike?

    That too. And he's not a new usenet newbie.

    It's gotta be an OE thing. ;)
    Boomer, Jan 24, 2004
  15. John Bahran

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:46:53 -0600, in
    <>
    John H. Guillory scrawled:

    >On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
    >>>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
    >>>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

    >>Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.

    >Actually, Mike.... Why bother.... Just hold your finger on ANY KEY and
    >don't let up till it gives you the message.... The net result is the
    >BIOS will complain about a key being stuck.... (Yeah, its stuck....
    >Stuck with my finger on it!)

    This will only work if the keyboard buffer overflows before
    the POST finishes. This does not happen on my system.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 24, 2004
  16. John Bahran

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:09:34 -0500, in
    <>
    Harrison scrawled:

    >On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 01:49:38 +0000, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Harrison scrawled:

    >>>Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.
    >>>Brilliant.
    >>>No shit.
    >>>Brilliant.

    >>Oh, but I'm just some Window 98 hack, remember?

    >Yeah, and the first shot fired called me a moron, remember?

    Because you *were* acting like a moron, and have done ever
    since.

    >Anyway, I'm over being called a moron and am ready to move on.

    That's what you said the first time, but never let up sniping
    at me, at every opportunity.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 24, 2004
  17. On 24 Jan 2004 03:21:29 GMT, Boomer <>
    wrote:

    >>> You replied to Harrison. The OP is John Bahran.
    >>>

    >> And he was talking to Mike?

    >That too. And he's not a new usenet newbie.
    >
    >It's gotta be an OE thing. ;)

    Get Real, those headers always say FORTE AGENT (not the free agent
    either!) So I typed 'F' on the wrong article.... Send a thousand
    nuke's over to my place and flame me....
    John H. Guillory, Jan 24, 2004
  18. John Bahran

    John Bahran Guest

    Thank you very much.